2006 rxt P1116 & low top speed

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

kmarts

Hey everyone,

So I recently purchased a 2006 RXT 215. I finally had a chance to water test it and had a couple issues.

First, it hits just over 8000 RPM, but the speedo was saying like 43 mph... seems slow. From my reading this likely isn't supercharger because I'm hitting 8K RPM. Can anyone confirm? Is there anything besides the wear ring this may be? I haven't pulled the pump to inspect it yet.

Second. Well after it warmed up I pinned it for a little bit and after a few minutes I got the p1116 error and it went into limp mode. I turned it off then on, code went away but I limped it back to the dock bc I knew something was wrong.

I haven't had a chance to inspect the CTS but I noticed that a previous owner siliconed all around my ride plate... not sure if they were having some problem, or damaged it or what but something doesn't look right there.

Just wondering if anyone has experience with this code and can point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

despite not getting any responses I've ordered a new ride plate from the dealer as well. From what I've been able to read it isn't uncommon for these things to warp and the coolant jumps the cooling channel and goes back to the engine hot.

Fingers crossed for that being the cooling problem. Wont be able to look at the pump or other causes for the slow speed until i get it back home.

Alrighty folks I got it all figured out I think.

So I was suspecting the ride plate and it was %90 of the problem. Last guy that owned it did some hack job on trying to fix it. I haven't had a closed circuit cooled ski before so I didn't know what the thing was supposed to look like until my replacement showed up.

Holy crap, the existing ride plate was coated in epoxy in the top and had aluminum fittings brazed I to it. On the underside there was no sealant across the pump shoe which is why I suspect I wasn't getting top speed, wear ring was fine but I replaced it anyways.

When I pulled the pump I noted there was this water restricting washer that was missing. Shop manual says if it's missing then the machine can overheat.

Now that the plates been replaced and that washer back in I'm getting nominal engine temp readings and the machine boogeys.

Speedo isn't accurate so I gps'd it and I hit 60mph and the rev limiter. Feels like I still hit the Rev limiter too easy so I may not be %100 yet but it's worlds better than before.

Back