2001 Seadoo GTX 4 Tec not starting

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

shep763

My 2001 GTX 4 Tec started up fine when I launched it, ran perfect all the way to an island, then went to ride it and at first acted like it wanted to turn over and then it would just sit there and tick. The previous owner said he had no charged the battery since the end of last summer so I'm thinking the battery was just too weak to turn it over and then I drained it all the way down trying to start it. Is that what it sounds like to you all? The battery is over 3 years old.

Well the run out to the island should have charged the battery but if it can’t hold a charge it needs to changed.

I took the battery out and put it on a charger. Im taking it after work to get it load tested to see if it's bad or not. The previous owner told me he had to charge it up before summer and periodically during summer so I'm thinking just a new battery is what it needs. Runs great when it starts up, so I don't think it's anything other than a battery issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back