overheating

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

wheats

Can worn wear ring/impeller cause overheating?, leading up to fried oil gear on crank...without alarms going off..pisser hole working.

As in your other thread.....

Yes... the cavitation can be bad enough to overheat the engine. BUT... the boat would never break 10 mph or so.

BUT......

If your buzzer is working, and your temp sender is good...... AND... you know that water is flowing though the pee-hole.... then NO... it would not get hot enough to damage your oil drive gear.

With that said.... the engine could have been overheated, and the gear could have been damaged before you ever got the boat.

Since your engine is apart... look at the pump shaft, and see if it's discolored, or scarred at all.

Finally.... did you test the temp sender, and buzzer to know if it's working? Also... the Merc powered Islandia has 2 buzzers. (bet you didn't know that) The reason is... it's a mix of seadoo and Merc electronics. On my 2002... the "Seadoo" buzzer was bad. AND... that's the one that gives you the temp warning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dr Honda, Looked at pump shaft. No scarring or discoloring..also no binding of the imp/wear ring, i could turn very easily by hand.. very tight and solid...but both are aliitle worn...We agreed not to replace those at this time...plus save 1300. Tech said to break-in eng like its brand new when there done (crank,2 pistons,rings,oil gear and a few other parts)...20 hrs and wants me to put some oil in tank during that time.. What ya think?

Yes. The new break in is to put 50:1 oil mix in the main fuel tank for at least one full tank. ( I recommend 2 tanks)

The oil injection will run the engine at 50:1 at full throttle, and 100:1 at idle. So... with the oil in the tank... that will give you 25:1 at full throttle, and 40:1 at idle. That's a nice safe mix for the new parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back