'08 GTX 155 - Lower Pump Pressure Causing Exhaust Overheating?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

IslandaMan

Folks, My ski sometimes get an overheating alarm. Cooling system has been tested as good by a technician. Exhaust system check out good as well - no clogs or debris. However, I'm certain my wear ring probably needs to be replaced though. My question is.....I only get the overheat alarm if I'm running the ski at max RPM AND in very warm water....low 90's. Recently took the ski to a lake where the water was mid 80s and couldnt get an alarm to sound - and I tried. Is a reduction of pump pressure (due to need for new wear ring) sending water to the open cooling system enough to cause an overheat alarm in very warm water? I normally fish from my ski and only cruise at moderate speeds to and from locations and NEVER get an alarm....but when the kids ride it's a different story. TIA

Always a good idea to give the year and model of your ski as not all seadoos have the same cooling system routing. Yes, a bad wear ring can cause reduced flow pressure for the cooling circuit.

Back