Ordered my Alpine Equipment today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice boat, i bet a day out on that is a fortune in gas.

It runs around 300-400 for a day out. Main reason I bought the Sea Doo I've used it twice this year and probably looking at using it one more weekend tops. It has it's purpose, but you can't use it for water sports which is something I missed about boating.

The other reason I put them in the rear, there is a lot of wiring behind the front driver side. More than I felt like dealing with trying to get those big speakers in. It was a lot to even work around the small 6.5's. Just a thought.

My plan was to replace the stock 6.5" put a set of 7" up by driver and passenger and another set of 7" up front in bow seating then put the 10" subs down by floor in rear, but this might change based on what you've said about wiring although only placement that would change is 6.5" and 10" subs. I want the 7" in planned locations for good mids and highs.

That sounds like it would work just fine. I still have another set to add up in the bow just havent gotten around to them yet.

Can't wait to see your install! I really want to add LED to my boat, still debating on it. I was going to replace my 6.5 on my 09 Speedster with 7's, but found a Fusion system that blew me away and was able to stay with the 6.5. Just the head unit is 70x4 and you insert the iPod inside. Added a remote, and 6.5 that are 200watts! 10 times the factory without an amp too.

Attachments

• IMAG0184.jpg
    IMAG0184.jpg
    520.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMAG0176.jpg
    IMAG0176.jpg
    393 KB · Views: 25
  • IMAG0183.jpg
    IMAG0183.jpg
    491.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMAG0179.jpg
    IMAG0179.jpg
    608.9 KB · Views: 23
That is the same thing I already have for my clarion. It is a total POS. I gave up using it. I was hoping alpine had something different, but its the same thing. Ill stick with what i have for now.

Ran into a snag on my stereo install. I can't figure out anywhere to mount the Alpine 5 channel amp without through bolting or running screws into the finished gel. Anyone have some ideas?

The storage compartment on yours looks the same as mine. Fits perfectly in the port side storage area, under the cooler. I took a piece of wood and painted it, Glued it down in there with liquid nail and then used screws to mount the amp to it. Also with the mercury motor, you have tons of room in the engine compartment.

Is that 2 engines of 240 Hp each or total of the 2 engines (120 each). Leaping out of the water was sweet! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

The storage compartment on yours looks the same as mine. Fits perfectly in the port side storage area, under the cooler. I took a piece of wood and painted it, Glued it down in there with liquid nail and then used screws to mount the amp to it. Also with the mercury motor, you have tons of room in the engine compartment.

Thanks thats exactly how I'll do it. Prefer to keep it out of the engine compartment if possible. Would require too long of RCA's. Closest to the radio as I can get it.

Finally got the stereo installed, but it definately needs subs. What a PITA that foam is in the sides. I still need to remove more it's starving the speakers from moveable air. Ordering 2 10" subs to install I'll get pics up soon.

Yeah that foam is no joke. I made cuts where i wanted then used a pair of wire cutters and needle nose pliers to just tear it out chunks at a time .

I went with dark grey. There really is no clean up. Hydroturf really is no maintenance. I cant say enough how great the stuff is. I have spilled food and drinks on it and just wash it like the rest of the boat with soap and water and it is fine. I got my greasy hand prints on it once while working and with a little dawn dish soap and a scrub brush it came right off.

Got my Hydro Turf ordered today as well as my subs. I went with the dark grey as well and the Alpine 10" subs the way it rocks with the rest of the components I figured I couldn't go wrong.

Yeah that foam is no joke. I made cuts where i wanted then used a pair of wire cutters and needle nose pliers to just tear it out chunks at a time .

I used a 6" hole saw and kept cutting then used a prybar to dig it out. I still need to take out more to allow the air to move it's starving that 7" speaker. I'm hoping theres no foam where I'm going to mount my 10's.

Still need to do a isolator and 2nd battery along with a battery tender. Prolly won't get to that til next spring though. My boating is about done here in Michigan.

Surprised your not down at Lake Cumberland this weekend. I'd be there if I didn't have to work. Missed being there 2yrs in a row. No way next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah its been a slow boating year. I only made it out twice. Been busy with a 2 year old and the new baby is due next month. Ill be winterizing this week probably. Cumberland is a good time though. I usually make it there a couple times a year.

Know what you mean. Bought the jetboat to get on the water more and have only used it once. Trying to get all the mods done and use it once more this summer before I have to put it up. At least this way it'll be ready to go next summer. I really miss going to Lake Cumberland Poker Run haven't made it the last 2yrs. Hopefully everything comes together next summer and I get to be on the water more. Winters in Michigan are too long,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back