New Boat - Progress

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnypinaz

Just thought I'd keep a diary here and share some my experiences as I fix a few things and do some upgrades...

Just bought a 2002 Challenger 1800.
Took it out the first day and it runs like a charm.

Problems and upgrades:

- Updated my inside lights to Blue LED's.
Cupholders:
Amazon.com
Worked perfect. Took about 15 minutes to swap out all 4. $34 for a 4 pack
2 lights in front:
Amazon.com
Festoon bulbs. These are very bright and took about 3 minutes a piece. $13 for a pack of 4
- Engine compartment:
The gas struts were dead. Replaced with 80 lb struts. Pops up fast. Might be a little too much tork. Its hard to push down. lol. Im hoping they soften up.
Amazon.com
$21 for a set.
- Ignition:
Im an idiot. Lost my keys on day 2. Locksmiths in AZ wont touch it. So I ordered a new ignition switch. Should be an easy fix, right? Six wires and they are color coated. The first one I got would crank but wouldnt stay on. The middle parts of the switch was broken. So I got a 2nd one. Nothing.. Im on my 3rd tomorrow. These have mostly good reviews but they seem to only work or dont. These are amazon cheapie specials. If anyone knows where to get a good one please let me know. It only took about 30 minutes to wire up. Im suing marine splicers that shrink. I tested the battery and everything is solid. Im trying a different seller this time. But it looks the same.
Amazon.com
$30
- Horn:
Doesnt work. Ill fix that soon. Found them for about $30
- Bimin top missing boot cover.
I bought this one and it fits great.
Amazon.com
$25
- LED Drain Plugs:
$100 on Ebay. Ill get these soon
- Switches:
A few of my switches are melting. Im in AZ. I literally left the boat outside for 3 days and I dont remember them being melted when I bought it. I found these for $9 and like the colors better and they arent rubber. Im hoping these will be a good replacement
Amazon.com
- Stereo:
I want to put in Bluetooth and put in kickers with LED rings.
- New floors:
Nothing wrong with the bare floors but a member posted a pic of Seadek floors and Jetboatpilot has a template for them. They do custom graphics also. Im looking into it. Cool stuff.

Thats about it. Ill keep posting here if the thread is kept open. I'll upload pics soon.

Thanks to everyone here who shares their experiences. It's already helped tremendously.

If you purchase a new ignition, order it for the engine, not the boat. It took me 3 days to figure this out. Heres what the wires go to.

Attachments

• Capture wires colos.PNG
    Capture wires colos.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back