Ordered my Alpine Equipment today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that 2 engines of 240 Hp each or total of the 2 engines (120 each). Leaping out of the water was sweet! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

If you referring to my jetboat it's 240hp single...If your referring to my Baja it has twin 500hp Mercury Racing engines in it.

Attachments

• IMG_0095_800x600.jpg
    IMG_0095_800x600.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0105_450x600.jpg
    IMG_0105_450x600.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 11
Yeah that foam is no joke. I made cuts where i wanted then used a pair of wire cutters and needle nose pliers to just tear it out chunks at a time .

How much of the foam did you remove behind your speakers? At the time of install I only removed enough behind the 7" to get them mounted and I think it's starving them for air. I'm really hoping where I'm putting the 2 10's that there isn't foam and then it can use the hull of the boat as a box. If there is foam there its going to be a nightmare. I'll have to remove alot of it to get the subs to perform correctly.

Where i put my 6.5", there was no foam in the way and totally clear behind them. Where i put the subs, there was huge blocks of it. I was able to slide the block over a bit on the port side and had to cut away about half of the space behind the sub. On the other side, i had to cut away the whole area. It was total hell honestly. That was the worst part of the whole install. I just cut and scraped out enough to push each sub in. I didnt cut it all the way through to the inside hull. My subs basically fit snug against that foam. I used freeair subs though. They pound pretty hard and sound fine.

Where i put my 6.5", there was no foam in the way and totally clear behind them. Where i put the subs, there was huge blocks of it. I was able to slide the block over a bit on the port side and had to cut away about half of the space behind the sub. On the other side, i had to cut away the whole area. It was total hell honestly. That was the worst part of the whole install. I just cut and scraped out enough to push each sub in. I didnt cut it all the way through to the inside hull. My subs basically fit snug against that foam. I used freeair subs though. They pound pretty hard and sound fine.

Thats what I'm using is free air, but they still need room to displace air don't they? My 7" aren't as loud as the ones I put up in the front I'm guessing because of the foam behind them. I'm going to try to make a hole completely through to the hull.

Mine sound awesome that way. Try pulling out just enough to get them in and listen to how it sounds, if it sounds bad, take out more. You can always take out more, but you cant put it back. I just didnt wanna take out more than necessary since it was put there for a reason.

I'll try that and see. The foam is there for flotation because of the way these are submerged and take on water. I'm thinking even if I took a good section of it out there's plenty there to keep it afloat if it did flip or take on water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back