SOLD (SOLD) 2002 SeaDoo Challenger X20 x-20

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

biffdotorg

2002 SeaDoo Challenger X-20
Based on the 20ft Challenger 2000, the X20 is SeaDoo's Wakeboat with factory tower. It also shipped with a 500lb FatSac ballast bag and pump for the ski locker to give the wake a bit more volume. This tip-down tower allows the boat to be stored in a standard sized garage. It includes an optional wide-angle tow mirror for monitoring Wakeboarders and tubers. One double board rack on the tower will store one Wakeboard and one Surfboard

Unlike the early twin-rotax Challengers, the X-20 has a much more powerful Mercury SportJet 240hp EFI motor. It does top out around 54mph on GPS and can easily cruise 45mph with a full capacity of 8 people. There is more than enough power for all watersports including towing a pair of 2-person tubes off the tower for wicked whips.

This X20 has had some major upgrades for performance, comfort and enjoyment.
Upgraded 2-step boarding ladder
Diamond Cut Black HydroTurf throughout including swimdeck and steps
AM Ride plate to eliminate any porpoising at speed
CobraJet Steering fins for off power control and tracking
Solid Tine rock grate on the Jet Pump for protection
8ft Keelshield KeelGuard for hull protection on the sandbar
The Karavan trailer has Goodyear Marathon radial tires and included spare
VeVe 65" guide posts painted to match the trailer, with pads and covers
Stoltz bow roller to help avoid marring the hull when in tow
LED running lights and signals on the trailer
The fitted factory SeaDoo cover allows for protection on the lift or on the road with ratchet system

The amount of electronics in this boat requires a Dual battery setup to avoid any worry of draining the cranking battery to get home.

1-AGM cranking battery and 1-Deep Cycle battery for the electronics. Setup with a switch and isolator for easy use and charging off the motor while under way.

All stereo equipment has been professionally installed by Site On Sound of Fargo.
Alpine Marine CDE-137BT Bluetooth, MP3, USB, CD Head Unit
Alpine Waterproof Wireless Remote with floating lanyard and storage cradle on the console
Alpine Marine 2-Channel Amp for Tower speakers and interior speakers
Alpine Marine Mono Amp for the Subwoofer
Alpine Marine 6.5" Speakers
Alpine Marine 10" Subwoofer
Kicker 41KMT674 Tower Speaker pods w/Speaker Sacks
Lowrance X4-Pro Sonar/Depth Finder/Graph

This boat has been professionally winterized each year and trailer bearings serviced by Moorhead Marine. They specialize in all things SeaDoo including the Mercury powered SeaDoos.

Video Walk around here:

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    3.3 MB · Views: 45
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    195.5 KB · Views: 39
  • Gargage.JPG
    Gargage.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 41
  • IMAG0005big.jpg
    IMAG0005big.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 36
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    589.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0385.JPG
    IMG_0385.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0386.JPG
    IMG_0386.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0412.JPG
    IMG_0412.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 45
  • Mirror.JPG
    Mirror.JPG
    379 KB · Views: 44
  • 1523230719421.png
    1523230719421.png
    813.7 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Hey,

Was just wondering how much it sold for if ok to ask. Have a 2002 utopia i just spent a fair amount of $$ replacing engine. Did wonder if i shouldn't have and bought something else instead. If you prefer not to answer this i completely understand. Thanks.

I had 4 full asking price offers within 3 days and sold with money in hand in one week. $11K. That is above NADA and KBB, but it happens to be a high demand configuration. This may or may not apply to your Utopia, especially now in August. Honestly, there are two factors that may have sold this boat so fast.

1. The timing was perfect in April and the ice was due to go out. Everyone in my region had boat fever.
2. It's the least expensive 20' boat you could buy with a factory tower. You can put a tower on anything, but that put this one over the top.

I never advertised it as a surf boat, and strongly suggested to anyone that called on it, that you can surf behind it with the rope, but it is not designed for it. The fact that my for sale video included two of the kids surfing ropeless countered that. I felt the need to under promise and over deliver as I would hate to dissapoint anyone with a false claim.

I do feel that condition has a lot to do with it as well. I had service records, and the black on the boat was polished to a near mirror finish (minus the couple dings)

Good luck with your sale. If you have cared for your boat like we did, it will show and buyers will respect that.

Back