oil leek

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

gary1602

Hello All
After changing plugs , oil , filter , i noticed a small leek what looks like its cumming from around the oil pump cover ,
i could be wrong so i am adding attachment of were its leeking from. The question is , is this a place were a leek would come from, and what is the fix.

thanks in advance , any advice please

Attachments

• IMG_1035.jpg
    IMG_1035.jpg
    602.6 KB · Views: 21
That appears to be the camshaft cover on the rear of the cylinder head. Below it is the camshaft sensor. Yes, oil can leak from there. Remove the cover. There should be a "o" ring that seals it. It won't hurt to put a LITTLE RTV sealer on the cover before you install it. :cheers:

Hi Dennis , cheers for the advice,

so should i buy a new ring ! what is RTV ! If i remove the camshaft cover will the oil come out !

thanks Gary

there will be no gush of oil from there, you can eather order a new O-ring
or go to you auto parts store and get aultra blue RTV and goop it up

As trapper said, there will be no gush of oil. I'd replace the "0" ring. Part no. 711 950 870.
Inspect the cover for cracks/damage. RTV is silicone sealer. Auto parts stores have small tubes of it. :cheers:

Thanks for the advice guys, do u think i should replace the o- ring on the sensor to as i am not 100% sure what one it is.:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back