Check engine and oil light comes on P0524

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

nalunks

Have a 2021 230 GTR. Had it winterized/serviced/oil change at the end of last season by dealer. Upon putting it back on the water this year it immediately threw a check engine light. When the rpms would get above 2500 or so it would throw the oil light and go into limp mode and states to stop engine. The only visible code I have seen is P0524. It has been into the dealer 3 times now and they are not having any success in diagnosing the issue. So far they have changed the oil filter, changed the oil sensor, and most recently changed the oil cooler (??) and replaced some hose clamps (from what I have been told). If anyone has any suggestions or advice it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

If you have the ability put a manual gauge on it and see if it's the oil pump or possibly the the pressure bypass or maybe an electrical issue or maybe a plugged screen due to debris. At the end of the head near the TOPS sensor there's a 1/8'' plug , if you take that out you can screw in a grease gun hose with a pressure gauge adapted to the other end , most of the parts are available at Home Depot or a hydraulics dealer. This will confirm if you have an internal problem or external and allows you to run the engine while keeping the oil sensor connected.

Have a 2021 230 GTR. Had it winterized/serviced/oil change at the end of last season by dealer. Upon putting it back on the water this year it immediately threw a check engine light. When the rpms would get above 2500 or so it would throw the oil light and go into limp mode and states to stop engine. The only visible code I have seen is P0524. It has been into the dealer 3 times now and they are not having any success in diagnosing the issue. So far they have changed the oil filter, changed the oil sensor, and most recently changed the oil cooler (??) and replaced some hose clamps (from what I have been told). If anyone has any suggestions or advice it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Hey! I’m having the same issue as you with my 2020 Seadoo GTI 130. The Ski goes into a limp mode while riding fast and says ‘Stop Engine’. Both the engine and oil light come on. Coolant and oil levels are good. When I plug in my computer, the ski is telling me that P0524 occurred, but not active.

Did you have any luck with solving this issue?

Back