Not putting in drain plugs?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

csull743

Took out my 2003 gtx supercharged today and forgot to put in my drain plugs. Ran normal the whole time, anything I should do now?

I did the same thing as long as hull disinterest fill up you are ok as when you drive along this. Empties the hull

here's something to try next time you leave the drain plugs out...

Put your wife(who doesn't want to get her hair wet) on the back...keep it real slow...drive in real tight circles....real slow.

I have a ritual that I do every time when at the launching ramp. So far I have not had this kind of issue.

Was riding with others when one if them realized he left the plug out. I had him gun it and just kept on going straight ahead. After a bit you could tell the water was clear.

Had him stop. I jumped in and out a finger in one hole and threaded the other plug in. Then the one I had my finger in. All went well and we didn't return the the ramp.

The good news is that later model SeaDoo drain plugs have a check ball built into the drain plug assy that is designed to let water out but not let water in. They must work pretty good cause I've heard some people say they didnt realize they hadn't installed the drain plugs until they were done riding and put the ski back on the trailer.

The good news is that later model SeaDoo drain plugs have a check ball built into the drain plug assy that is designed to let water out but not let water in. They must work pretty good cause I've heard some people say they didnt realize they hadn't installed the drain plugs until they were done riding and put the ski back on the trailer.

Yepp you are correct as long as crap doesn't get stuck between the float ball. Good reason to keep the hull clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back