Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone,

Been awhile since I've been on. Just recently came up with a prob on a 1997 gtx. We recently took it out I storage and it fired up and ran a little rough. Now it doesn't have spark at all. When it was done we ran too much water from the hose and it got into the cylinders. We cleaned out the water and lubricated the cylinders but when we tried to turn it over again it wouldn't start. We pulled and replaced the plugs and nothing. Then we looked for spark but forgot to use the ground posts. Not sure if that did anything but thought I should add that in. Still no spark. Any ideas? I guess I am thinking that we need spark first to get her fired then perhaps a carb issue because it was running rough. Any help would be great. Thanks again.

well, I would pull the flywheel cover, and visually inspect the flywheel and the magneto. There's some plastic piece, I can't think of the name, that can come dislodged and it causes the magneto to stop working. You can also try the "cut off a 1/4" of the spark plug wire trick".

Just wanted to follow up. Checked on these options and no luck. Talked to the local dealer and they seem to think it is the computer. Is there any way to test this first before spending that much. I was really hoping this was something simple since it was actually running for a bit even though it was rough.

Hey brushneckmatt, sorry to revive an old post but were you able to find a test for the computer?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back