1995 spx - fires once but then no spark

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

symbiotico

I've read all other posts related to ignition problems but this one problem bugs me.
I'm having ignition spark problems, when I check the electrical box I do get spark sometimes.

If I disconnect the mpmem from the coil I get spark, I connect it again and still have spark. The engine cranks once and then suddenly no spark. If I start checking the box or move some wires around I get spark again. And the process repeats.

I've read all other posts related to ignition problems but this one problem bugs me.
I'm having ignition spark problems, when I check the electrical box I do get spark sometimes.

If I disconnect the mpmem from the coil I get spark, I connect it again and still have spark. The engine cranks once and then suddenly no spark. If I start checking the box or move some wires around I get spark again. And the process repeats.
probably somthing with the mpem

Yes it is. The OEM one is very expensive. You reckon aftermarket doesn't work at all? Or I still have some hope to work for at least a year or so?

Every thread I have read they will not work properly. Your better off buying a used OEM one from Westside powersports, They test them first, real stand up guy is what I’ve read.

Just an update. I did replace the MPMEM and all components from the electrical box as well. Still was not working as expected until I noticed the spark plug caps where not resistor. I changed the caps and now everything is working as expected. Thanks for the replies.o

Just an update. I did replace the MPMEM and all components from the electrical box as well. Still was not working as expected until I noticed the spark plug caps where not resistor. I changed the caps and now everything is working as expected. Thanks for the replies.o
Amazing,,,,way to go!

Back