no spark no bilge fan

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
no spark no bilge fan
not sure if these two items are related. Everything was working good, then I had starter issues - I have resolved the starter issue but now have no spark and also no bilge fan.

Help,
Thanks,
Scott

Have to checked all the fuses?
IDK about Seadoo boats but my ski & Glastron boat has an extra small black ground wire to the battery that runs a lot of stuff.

As far as I know, everything that came off went back on. Battery, starter, and solenoid.

if the the solenoid is upside will it matter - I was told no.

As far as I know, everything that came off went back on. Battery, starter, and solenoid.

if the the solenoid is upside will it matter - I was told no.

It won't matter, but what will matter is,,, all the HOT wires must be on the HOT side of the solenoid. SO,,, if you have wires that are suppose to be hot all the time on the output side of the solenoid, they will ONLY be hot while cranking the engine.

In many cases, the MPEM is fed from the hot side of the solenoid. So basically what you need to check is, that the side of the solenoid that has the wire coming from the battery also has EVERY OTHER HOT (red) wire except the large one that runs to the starter, (That one would be on the output side).

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, all the red wires (3 small eyelets and the one from the main power switch) are together on one side and the other side has one large wire (yellow) to the starter.

[MENTION=16022]Dr Honda[/MENTION] is the Merc man... Lets ping him as he can answer specifics in your case...

Obviously... seadoo had no engineering input on these Merc engines. SO... there are a bunch of extra wires, for features that seadoo didn't use.

There's a brown wire for a temp gauge. There's a blue/wt, green/wt, and black/wt wire in the harness that just aren't being used.

As far as the issues in your fist post... grab a meter, and start checking for power.

For the fan... it's easy. Check the fuse and switch. and then check for power at the fan. The fan can be burnt out, and it's common for the switch on the fan to go bad. (more current than the switch can really handle)

The spark is a little harder. But, it could be a bad coil pack, bad pick-ups... or bad stator coils. (and any of the wires in between) Once a gain... grab a meter, and start at the stator. The manual has all the tests to check the parts.

The ignition runs on both 12v... and a high voltage pulse from the stator/Mag.

In the coil packs... there is a diode to charge the coils from the mag. But, the coils ballast each other. So a bad coil can pull down all of them.

I looked under my flywheel and it appears that something has burned and some of the wires have melted. I assume this May mean I need a new stator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back