no oil pressure

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

gmackey

good day everyone,i got a 2010 gtx 260 that went into limp mode with the oil light on in dash i pulled key to rest but still in limp mode,i changed the filter and oil and one oil pressure switch but still in limp mode.dropped it off at the shop and they tell me the engine has no oil pressure,anyone have this issue befor?? seadoo has 51 hours on it

There's 2 oil pumps and they're pretty stout drives for each, directly off the crank for one and directly off balance shaft for other. No way in hell it could snap the stub off unless something jammed the pump which is nearly impossible since each has a fine inlet screen.

What is possible is there are oil 'squirters' in a few spots (IE under each piston) that are pipes with pin hole ends. If one were to break or fall off, the hole would be big enough to dump oil back to the case and drop remaining pressure pretty severely. Haven't heard of it happening but not much else could do it unless you spun a bearing etc which is pretty noisy.

I would check that oil pressure before you take further action, a simple gauge attached to a hose with a 1/8'' fitting will do it. If there is oil pressure then you could have ran low and set off the limp mode, the way to clear it is you have to run the engine at more than 3500 rpm with oil pressure for 30 seconds and the light will clear. If you put in at least 3 quarts of oil on the change then you should have enough to test it, 3.5 is about correct with the filter change. Be sure to read the owners manual on how to check oil properly. Another theory might be the oil screen is plugged up from the supercharger failing, ceramic washer debris could plug it up.

There's 2 oil pumps and they're pretty stout drives for each, directly off the crank for one and directly off balance shaft for other. No way in hell it could snap the stub off unless something jammed the pump which is nearly impossible since each has a fine inlet screen.

What is possible is there are oil 'squirters' in a few spots (IE under each piston) that are pipes with pin hole ends. If one were to break or fall off, the hole would be big enough to dump oil back to the case and drop remaining pressure pretty severely. Haven't heard of it happening but not much else could do it unless you spun a bearing etc which is pretty noisy.
i braught it to the shop they checked oil pressure and said there was no oil pressure but in the mean time the engine runs and sounds just like the day i baught the seadoo lol thinking the dealer dont no what there at. i dont no what else to do, thinking its a electerical issue . i changed one oil pressure switch is there another one??

I would check that oil pressure before you take further action, a simple gauge attached to a hose with a 1/8'' fitting will do it. If there is oil pressure then you could have ran low and set off the limp mode, the way to clear it is you have to run the engine at more than 3500 rpm with oil pressure for 30 seconds and the light will clear. If you put in at least 3 quarts of oil on the change then you should have enough to test it, 3.5 is about correct with the filter change. Be sure to read the owners manual on how to check oil properly. Another theory might be the oil screen is plugged up from the supercharger failing, ceramic washer debris could plug it up.
dealer said theres no oil pressure lol even with the engine running which i find weird. seadoo when running sounds perfect besides ita in limp mode with oil light on..i cant reve engine to 3500 as its in limp mode. i changed oil and filter after the problem i had taught the filter might of collapsed. changed one oil pressure sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back