Newbie questions?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

speedy155

I have a Speedster 150 with the 155 hp. Is it possible to sink one or will the insulation keep it afloat even if it gets full of water?
Has anybody here ever taken one out into surf or really rough seas?
It is a lot of fun to turn quickly and just let the nose dip down the water comes in over the front. It just drains out. It is a lot of fun. Anybody have any links to video where they are playing in big waves?

The service department at JOA Lake Lanier are easy to deal with.

Flotation....?

Yes, you can sink your boat. The styrofoam that you see is to buoy the boat in case of submersion. It will not go to the bottom and you may stand on it if it goes down, but it will fill up with water.

The boat is a wet boat, so, you can take a mean wave or dip the bow into the water, the water will simply drain out the back. But, if you allow water to entire your engine compartment, via the air vent/fan holes or if your seal on the main compartment door is weak, ........you will sink the engine.

But, don't get me wrong, the boat is a bit hard to sink if all is secure. So, having fun turning tight is a ball. But, turning tight in a wave would worry me about rolling it over.

Welcome to the forum and I hope this answers your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back