150 Speedster and swimming

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

MacSeaDoo

2nd year with the boat. Battled a leaking exhaust can last year that caused a lot of troubshooting to find. Also had some surging and poor running. This was a leaking IC. Then the SC failed.

Since then the machine has been running awesome.

The odd time though, I would get a large hesitation sometimes when accelerating from being stopped.

Well I think I figured it out.

We use the boat alot and often take it out to the middle of the water, drop the ladder and swim. When you do this you end up getting a bunch of water in the hull as if you stand dripping anywhere on the back, the water basically ends up in the hull. This is due to the cutout that allows the back hatch to open. It is basically a funnel with a hole on it that drains to the hull.

With the speedster, the bilge pump is in a poor spot, basically allowing it to take on a fair amount of water before it is even able to reach the pump.

If you get in side to side waves when idle, the water basically splashes up all over the engine and soaks the air filter the next time you start pulling air volume by accelerating, you get some water too and the boat hestiates.

For me, it only happens late I a trip. Only if we have taken on water. And generally after side to side waves.

For now I have a temp solution, basically a plug in the hole.

I am actually working on a second shallow pump to be able to pump from a much lower point on demand.0c360cd396823adb1cc0ed156961b205.jpg

Good to know as I too have the Speedster. I would like to see some details of your second bilge pump when you get around to it, sounds like a great idea and a nice project.

Good to know as I too have the Speedster. I would like to see some details of your second bilge pump when you get around to it, sounds like a great idea and a nice project.
Will do Gordo.

The current bilge pump is in a terrible spot. You basically will have gallons upon gallons of water in the bilge before it even reaches the shoe of the pump.

I learned this last year with the exhaust water leak. The engine is actually sitting in water just as the automatic trip point is set.

I put the go pro in there and boom, rolling wave action starts making the engine compartment look like the inside of a dishwasher. You can watch the filter cake a direct hit. Then if you are hard on the throttle, it bogs as it pulls that water through.

Need something that has a remote siphon that can be placed under the engine and pump it out. I think I will just make it on demand rather then figuring out a sensing mechanism.

Other option is one of those tall manual bazooka ones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back