New to jet boating and having some issues (1997 Challeger 1800)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

diesel_lineman

Hey guys I'm new to jet boats and need a little advice.
I bought a 1997 challenger 1800 this spring and staring to have a problem with the starboard engine. I De-winterized it, put fresh gas in, and topped off the oil. Took it out on the river for about 2 hours it ran amazing 63mph WOT on choppy water. Stopped to fish a little bit, started back up and now starboard wont run. Pinched off the hose and limped back on the other engine. (under 15mph) Put new plugs in(BR8ES) but it has good spark on both cylinders. Sprayed a little ether but cant get her to fire up. Fuel pump? Fuel filter(s)? Carburetors? Electrical?
Need a little help, thanks guys!

i have already pulled the plugs and did a test on the heads they sparked as bright as the other side. the port side motor will run on one cylinder if plug pulled but the starboard wont even do that on either cylinder so i think that would cancel out a carb issue. motor turns over fine and sometimes sputters (trying). Rave valves? Main fuel filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back