New owner 2003 Speedster

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

AnviL Man

Hey all, just bought a 2003 Speedster 240 Bombardier. I didn't get a manual with it so there's a couple of things I wanted to know about the boat. The fuel gauge doesn't work and neither does the speedometer. The guy told me he replaced the wire to the speedometer but they gave him a 3 wire instead of a 2 wire setup, whatever that means. He said maybe 2 of the wires need to be switched and it should work. And he wasn't sure exactly why the fuel gauge isn't working. Other than that everything else works that I know of, what I would like to know is how to get those two things working and also anything else to look for or any special care it needs. What octane gas and what 2 cycle mix to use. The boat seems to be in good shape otherwise. The body has some minor little spider web looking cracks on it, only a few small spots. Engine bay looks pretty clean not really dirty anywhere. It fires right up first turn of the key, I went on a rest ride with it and he brought it up to full speed and did some really sharp turns. Seemed to run really well. That's all I really know about it, any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

Actually I can't seem to find very many post regarding my model and year. Does anyone know the full model name? The body has both "speedster" and "bombardier" on it and it's a 2003. I was told it's 240 horsepower. Anyone know the full model for it? And these boats don't have an hour meter?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back