New Key Cap Seadoo Speedster 200

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrl38

I noticed that my lanyard cap seems to be falling apart around the sides- the rubber that surrounds the metal on either side of the cap is starting to crumble. How do I get a replacement key?

You can buy one at a dealer or a used one from one of many of the guys here that sell used parts.
Either way, I believe it would need to be re-programed to match your MPEM unit.
If you buy one at dealer they should re-program it for you for free.
IDK the cost of getting a used one re-programed. Just guessing $30-$50.

If you bought the boat at a dealer, then they may do it for you "gratis".

Thanks for the reply- my issue is that I live in the Virgin Islands and there are actually no dealers anywhere near here. Am I SOL?

mmmmmmm got some duct tape?......

Don't know if this would work but at a last resort you could send the MPEM out and they could program a key to match it, then send it back to you.

I'll Pm someone for you to take a look.

Wait for some more replies.

Good Luck

thats gonna be a tough one bro...you would have to have the dealer you send it to have one of your boats to put it into.

On a 96 XP its not that tough...but with a jetboat....its a bit harder.

Yep... the MPEM is programmed to the new key. The only thing you can do is to buy a "SeaDoo Pro" programmer, and do it yourself. Last time I checked, a personal unit was $399. That will allow you to work on 5 different seadoo's. (5 different VIN/HID numbers)

But, in reference to SeadooBuddy... dealers rarely do it for free. BUT... if you buy the key from them... they normally only charge $15. If you take the key to them, it's $30 to $60 to have it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back