Thrust Vector for Speedster 200

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

henryb

I just upgraded from a 2000 Challenger 1800 with a Mercury 210HP to an absolute mint condition 2004 Speedster 200 310HP.

One of the best features of the Challenger was the throttle boost (via cable) on steering full lock… it made it possible to maneuver that boat anywhere at low speed… quite incredible actually. But now with the Speedster 200, it does not have that throttle boost… so slow speed maneuvers are a bit softer and course corrections are a bit slow… I have adapted the use of blipping the throttle on one engine (or the other) to help kick the back end around quicker, which works in some conditions but not all.

So I was wondering if anyone has tried the Thrust Vector fins on these boats and what your experience has been?

Attachments

• IMG_6867.jpeg
    IMG_6867.jpeg
    402.8 KB · Views: 13
Nice looking boat! I have same one. Have not tried the thrust vectors. I just play with the throttle speeds.

I did add the High Tec ride plate extensions to eliminate the porpoising and it has changed how the boat handles at plane speeds. Didn’t really affect reverse, nor did it improve low speed handling.

Attachments

• IMG_6120.jpeg
    IMG_6120.jpeg
    699.7 KB · Views: 15
Wow, those look great! Where may I ask did you get those? I would definitely be interested. Did you find that you lost any top end speed?

I think I found their website... hightecperformanceparts.com

They just happen to have a sale on the model you have installed ($125 off): HTP-1000-22 for Seadoo Speedster 200. Their website claims you only lose 1-2mph top speed, depending on the angle of downward force that you set up during installation.

However, one downside of these ride plates, is that you would not be able to install the Thrust Vector fins with these on, as they would take up the same space under the jet pump. I think I would much rather have the ride plate to control take-off bow-rise, and rough water porpoising, as I'm already very accustomed to slow speed maneuvering, been driving jetboats for over 20 years. But like anything, their is always a compromise... would be nice to have both!

I think I found their website... hightecperformanceparts.com

They just happen to have a sale on the model you have installed ($125 off): HTP-1000-22 for Seadoo Speedster 200. Their website claims you only lose 1-2mph top speed, depending on the angle of downward force that you set up during installation.

However, one downside of these ride plates, is that you would not be able to install the Thrust Vector fins with these on, as they would take up the same space under the jet pump. I think I would much rather have the ride plate to control take-off bow-rise, and rough water porpoising, as I'm already very accustomed to slow speed maneuvering, been driving jetboats for over 20 years. But like anything, their is always a compromise... would be nice to have both!

In my experience I could not go any faster than 40mph because of the porpoising. Now I’ve got it at 48-50mph on gps no problem. I agree I don’t really need/want the thrust vectors.

Wow… is the lake you are riding on always rough water / lots of boat wakes? As I don’t experience hardly any porpoising on my lake (which is almost always calm or with some wind based chop … <6 inches). But when I go over boat wakes / rollers (even my own wake)… it starts to porpoise and I have to slow down to get it back under control.

Last edited:
It seemed like anything other than glass would trigger the bouncing. That’s why I added the ride plate extension and I’m pretty happy with the performance overall.

Maybe I will start up another thread on this forum to get peoples experience on porpoising / ride plates... seems like our experiences are quite a bit different? Not sure why? Thanks for your input.

Back