First sea trial in my new speedster 200

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Engineer

Well, I picked up my new 2008 Speedster 200 with 310 hp package about 2 1/2 weeks ago. Got back from sea on a Monday and picked it up that Wednesday from Mid Atlantic Marine in Warsaw, VA. Put in the water for the first time on Friday and had a blast. Extremely happy with the boat so far (knock, knock). Had it out for most of the day and paid close attention to the break in procedure. Opened it up for 2-3 seconds and was amazed at the speed and instant thrust compared to my 2001 Challenger 1800. Very satisfied that I did not buy the 430 hp version - don't need the extra headaches, money spent, etc. The boat just plain hauls ass and is excellent on fuel, better than my previous boat. Actually my only complaint is the cup holders up on top of the rail that proudly display what beverage you are enjoying. Other than that, it's a great boat. Only other complaint is that I only got to use it that one day before I headed back to work at sea for another month......

Chief,

Welcome! I'm glad your sea trial was successful! I have the same 310hp package in my U-205 and really like it! the performance is excellent. I can not imagine what the 430 or 510hp package would be like. It must be breathtaking!!!

Are you in the military?

Craig

U.S. Merchant Marine, though I have worked with the military quite a bit. We haul their equipment around the world for them. Did some time in Iraq/Kuwait for Operation Shock and Awe, Iraqi Freedom, and Enduring Freedom.

I'm sure the 430hp version and possible 510hp version of the Speedster flat out haul ass, although I can only imagine that the gas gauge drops as fast as the tach needles rise....

Thanks for the well wishes.

Won't be an issue on government contract boats. We are armed with .45's, AR 15's or M16's, and Mossberg 12 gauge pump action shotguns. Usually have a 13 man military detachment onboards as well sportin' all the goodies up to .50 cal's!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back