New Guy Trying To TroubleShoot.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoyRider19

Okay So I bought a 1996 XP and a 1996 SPI a while back and the SPI had been rode alot and the XP had no scratches or dings or chips in paint. seems flawless and guy said he never had it out much! The spi started having starter problems but the XP always ran fine just a dang gas hog. Anyways on day when i was riding the XP (1996) it bogged down in half throttle then when "gunning" the XP it ran fine again. It got worse the second time out at the end of the evening and now all it does is "bog" when its doing anything more than idling... IM NEW and we dont have mechanics where I live so heres what I have done.
Cleaned Carbs.
Cleaned Air Filter.
Replaced all Gray Fuel Lines.
New Battery
Fresh Gas and Oil
Compression Check
SO now I have no idea what else to test. Really need it up tho! Whoever helps me is a godsend Thanks!

Sounds to me like it's fuel delivery. I don't see where you cleaned the fuel selector valve. Does it have a fuel filter and if so that may need to be changed. Hope this helps. :cheers:

Okay lol I told you Im new here... 153 and 155 I think... It was good. Ill check again tonight. and I cleaned out the plastic barrell thing above the gas tank in the front hull. It was clear. Idk if thats the fuel or air filter. :) OH and one more thing. The last time I had it on the water it went at first for a bit then bogged down then after that the only way I could get it going was barely hitting the trigger at first then super slowly giving in more and more gas till i was wide open... hope it helps!

Yep sounds fuel delivery. Take the selector valve off and clean it really good. Then check for fuel filters. Compression is pretty much spot on. Good luck.:cheers:

You also may want to check to see if the selector valve is installed correctly. Have you checked the RAVE valves to make sure they don't need cleaning or that they are not stuck closed?

Last edited by a moderator:
the selector is on the left side of the ski.....it has the three lines going into it and you can turn it to (on) (off) or (reserve) ....oh and yeds the plastic barrel in front of the ski was the fuel filter ...but what kyle was saying is that some guys put another inline filter in and if you had one it probubly needs changed.......when yuo cleaned the carbs how deep in them did you go...did you clean the carb filters

Yall are the freaking greatest! i knew there was something i was missing. Ill try this stuff tonight. I took out the carbs and completly cleaned them. got a prof to do that. and the filters too.... oh and one time it took rifght off when i put it on reserve. no bogging or anything... im sorry for such random info im just trying to help.

yeah if you put it on reserve and it ran fine then there is your problem...... the selector gets plugged from the grey lines...take the lines off of it and turn the knob to all three setttings and spray carb cleaner in the holes till its clean...hope it helps

yeah if you put it on reserve and it ran fine then there is your problem...... the selector gets plugged from the grey lines...take the lines off of it and turn the knob to all three setttings and spray carb cleaner in the holes till its clean...hope it helps

yep :agree:

Haha I wish I hadent spent 2 days straight working on replacing every fuel line and playing with the carbs! thanks yall!

All the work you put is certainly not lost especially the fuel line. Plus now you know you have re-built carbs and hopefully you wont have to be doing those again for a while. Now get that selector valve cleaned and get out and have some fun. Good luck. :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back