1996 seadoo not starting

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
that is not what you pointed to and described before you changed the carbon ring...you said the leak was between the carbon ring and the the boot. Is there now a second leak between the steel hat and carbon ring? did you press the boot back and put the C retaining clip in?

that is not what you pointed to and described before you changed the carbon ring...you said the leak was between the carbon ring and the the boot. Is there now a second leak between the steel hat and carbon ring? did you press the boot back and put the C retaining clip in?
I pointed the the carbon seal and in the other pic I pulled the boot back, yes I put the c clip in.

It looks like the carbon ring isn't pushed all the way in the boot. Push it in and reclamp and test. If that doesn't work, my suggestion is pull the jet pump off. Remove the compression clip/or rubber compression bushing(if original it will be a rubber bushing), pull the drive shaft out, make sure to not loose the bumper stops on each end of the drive shaft. Replace the rubber boot, the carbon ring and metal hat with new ones. I've used the amazon/ebay kits and they are junk. Go to dealer or osd marine online and buy a carbon ring and seal kit. Trust me if its leaking just replace it. It sounds hard but it's not. There are youtube videos galore on it.

Back