1996 seadoo not starting

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
and the gear clamp closest to the engine should not be on the carbon ring....it should be on the bellow only clamped to the carbon ring.

if the leak is where you say it is you may need to inspect the bellow for any tears. or the carbon ring is damaged

if you cannot get the gear clamp to make it stop leaking you will need to pull the pump off and inspect all those parts for damage. if there is a leak between the stainless steel "hat" and the carbon ring you should check to see if the engine is aligned properly. There is a tool for this. if it is badly out of alignment the "hat" will not seal properly to the carbon ring or it could have premature uneven wear.

i even tightened the clamp as much as I could and it still leaking not as fast, what is your suggestion on how to do this bc I don’t know where to start.

the water can look like it is coming from one spot and it might be coming from another....get a small mirror if you need to see the underside while it is running to see exactly where the water is coming from.

Not sure if it’s cracked or supposed to be like that and Are you talking about taking the black piece off?

Back