Need some help choosing the right seat cover and colors

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

normr

I'm trying to decide on what colors to use on a new seat cover, and additionally, trying to decide what brand to use between Jettrim and Blacktip, I have a 2000 Seadoo GTX RFI in Cozumel green pictured below and I also posted a pic of the seat cover I designed on their website.

On another site I am on, someone suggested going all black, but I'm concerned about how hot it will get here in FLA. and another person suggested all green and if I do that it needs to look similar to the kneepads, its so hard to find a color that works with the Cozumel Green although teal might work, plus what material would you go with, vinyl, non slip. Thanks in advance for your best design ideas cause I'm terrible at it.

seadoo.jpg

seat.jpg

For the money I say JetTrim. I have purchased the DIY Seat Covers from ebay and it is just a piece of flat vinyl but for a ski to flip it would be fine. I bought the Black Tip and it was fine but nothing special so I sold it and bough the JetTrim. Wow is all I can say it is super high quality, looks awesome, you can get it in any color combo you want and it has foam backing so it will hide any flaws you have in the foam.
IF you are keeping the ski I vote JetTrim.

Yes, I do plan on keeping it, So I appreciate the great advise you all give, is there a material you would stay away from?

Once I get the cover, I'll need to find someone who is good at seat cover installation who might be interested in a little bartering since I work for Apple and get friends and family discounts on products they might be interested in here in either Lake Placid or Ft. Lauderdale. Or a place that you would recommend to just do the work.

So if anyone is interested feel free to PM me

I was like you when it came to making a choice on seat covers. The BlackTip and Hydro-Turf are fine products and it is cool you can design your own color schemes, etc.
In the end, I listened to the "old pros" on the forum and went with Jettrim. It is quite amazing the number of compliments I've got; to the point my wife is wanting a new cover for her GTI, lol! The fabrics and construction are without parallel. The upholstery shop that I had install my cover was literally dumbfounded with it when I brought it in; with the owner saying, "Damn! That is an amazingly high-quality cover."
And they MAKE their own, so...that tells you something.

Here is my 2000 RX with Jettrim:

Attachments

• jettrim 001x.JPG
    jettrim 001x.JPG
    355.2 KB · Views: 35
  • jettrim 005x.JPG
    jettrim 005x.JPG
    353.3 KB · Views: 34
  • jettrim 003x.JPG
    jettrim 003x.JPG
    378.2 KB · Views: 32
  • jettrim 004x.JPG
    jettrim 004x.JPG
    472.6 KB · Views: 30
Thanks, your pics were amazing, they really sold me on the jet trim, the overall look of the cover and fabric and stitch quality really show through. Did you use the medium slip vinyl on the gray, the non slip on the black and soft suede on the red?

Last edited by a moderator:
The jet trim seat cover are so nice. If you want a mono-color you could try these guys (link below), they're super nice and will send you swatches of what ever colors you want. I have samples of the 4 way stretch (close to OEM) and a bunch of the carbon fiber stuff. I ended up with the shock carbon fiber for my HX seat.

http://www.yourautotrim.com/marinevinyls.html

You'll have to ask if they have the Marine Green available

http://www.yourautotrim.com/al4stvi.html

Stay away from any on the non-slip choices from JetTrim unless you are racing and always wearing a wetsuit. It will destroy your bare skin. You want to use the medium slip for a rec ski.

Stay away from any on the non-slip choices from JetTrim unless you are racing and always wearing a wetsuit. It will destroy your bare skin. You want to use the medium slip for a rec ski.

true, the non slip stuff is harsh on the thighs, I can attest to that !!!

I'm actually in the process of getting two new seats for both of my ski's, (one is mint, but doesn't match right), and I chose to go custom route vs buying JT or BT, although both of the designs i'm choosing are kind of copies, one is identical to the BT design on SBT, and the 2nd i'm copying a hydroturf seat I took a pic of a year ago.

FWIW, my yamaha was all black, and I live in FLorida and I never notice the heat vs the red or brown seats on other ski's, not one bit. But i'm a fan of two color setups, I never liked the looks of all black on mine...

Thanks, your pics were amazing, they really sold me on the jet trim, the overall look of the cover and fabric and stitch quality really show through. Did you use the medium slip vinyl on the gray, the non slip on the black and soft suede on the red?

The 'suede' is no longer offered. Here is how my cover was specified. This was actually suggested by Jackson, at Jettrim:

top silver medium slip w/ red stitching
Rear top black large carbon w/ red stitching
front side black smooth
rear Jettrim Red smooth grain
Collar area where the stitch line is in the front of the seat Black large carbon.

Great combination

They really did a nice job, I'm communicating with Kara, I sent her pics of my seat and Seadoo because the green they have showing in the swatches online might be a little sketchy, so I'm seeing if they have any recommendations, I hope they can do as good of a job on mine like they did for you. Thanks!

The 'suede' is no longer offered. Here is how my cover was specified. This was actually suggested by Jackson, at Jettrim:

top silver medium slip w/ red stitching
Rear top black large carbon w/ red stitching
front side black smooth
rear Jettrim Red smooth grain
Collar area where the stitch line is in the front of the seat Black large carbon.

They are a great company. Very small "mom & pop shop", but man do they do good work! I am sure you will be more than thrilled with whatever you decide on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back