RESTO My semi resto 96 XP project

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Suke was it all worth it? Sure sounds like it. You battled through some adversity, now go and enjoy that ski!!

Congrats on your project you did a great job.

Well Suke was it all worth it? Sure sounds like it. You battled through some adversity, now go and enjoy that ski!!

Congrats on your project you did a great job.
Thanks! Hope to enjoy it. I have to head out of town for work for the next week, so hopefully when I get back I can.

So happy you got it going...I want to see that hump seat on your ski! It would look so good!

It WOULD look good.

Yup. Now I just have to hope the bogging at the end of the day was just a fluke and will clear out. Burned through most of the tank so I'll put some fresh premium in her and see what's up. Hope to get her out on the lake when I get back in town.

Success!! Who's XP was faster? Mpower's or yours? ;)

Definitely mine :p It will run 59.5+ all day. Best speed to date is 59.9 and pretty sure I can squeeze another tenth out of her. She is stock with exception of F/A's, rejet, and 97.5 white SPX waterbox.

Could you tell me what you jetted it to and what your carb settings are? I just built an engine for my 97SPX, but using a 96XP water box. I set everything to stock settings but am still experiencing that stumble when I open it up. Maybe it needs to warm up or something, but it just about dies when I gun it... Not sure if it's a lean stumble, or a rich load-up.

Could you tell me what you jetted it to and what your carb settings are? I just built an engine for my 97SPX, but using a 96XP water box. I set everything to stock settings but am still experiencing that stumble when I open it up. Maybe it needs to warm up or something, but it just about dies when I gun it... Not sure if it's a lean stumble, or a rich load-up.

Do you have flame arrestors and if so what kind? Difference style/brand flame arrestors require different carb tuning, as some flow alot more air than others.

Well, I would like to know what you're running to so I could compare to mine. Currently, it've got the stock on installed, but uncovered by the black shield, as I'm still tuning it. We all know it's f'n impossible to tune the needles with that big bulky cover in place. I do have a stock F/A that some PO removed all but the big aluminum mesh from. It's basically just a grill to keep bolts out of the intake. I COULD try running that I suppose... This is my stock ski, so all I want from it is to just run w/o this stupid hesitation. I'm not trying to set any records on this particular ski.

My current setup is 142.5 main, 70 pilot, 35 pop-off, 1-turn LOW 0-turn HIGH (MAG) .25-turn HIGH (PTO) Running oil injection and about 40:1 premix Amsoil.

Well, I would like to know what you're running to so I could compare to mine. Currently, it've got the stock on installed, but uncovered by the black shield, as I'm still tuning it. We all know it's f'n impossible to tune the needles with that big bulky cover in place. I do have a stock F/A that some PO removed all but the big aluminum mesh from. It's basically just a grill to keep bolts out of the intake. I COULD try running that I suppose... This is my stock ski, so all I want from it is to just run w/o this stupid hesitation. I'm not trying to set any records on this particular ski.

My current setup is 142.5 main, 70 pilot, 35 pop-off, 1-turn LOW 0-turn HIGH (MAG) .25-turn HIGH (PTO) Running oil injection and about 40:1 premix Amsoil.

I have my specs written in my notebook but its at the lake house. I can tell you they aren't close to that though. My settings really would be of no use to you anyway because your setup is so different. I'm confused when you say you're running oil injection and 40:1 premix though. Was that a typo?

well, right now, I'm breaking it in, so I've got both. Gonna be a smoky ride once I figure out why I'm not getting juice to my starter. What is your setup anyway? Do you have any hesitation/bogging?

That could be a reason its bogging when you slam the throttle. Youre running double the normal amount of oil. Shes probably half way fouling the plugs.

Who told you to run double oil like that? I've never heard such a thing and that is totally unnecessary.

Never done that on my rebuilds or heard of that.

Start a new thread if you want to continue this so we don't junk up Sukes thread (more than we have) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back