RESTO My semi resto 96 XP project

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never done that on my rebuilds or heard of that.

Start a new thread if you want to continue this so we don't junk up Sukes thread (more than we have) :)

lol meh I'm ok with it.

Yeah both [MENTION=52309]MPower[/MENTION] and my settings are going to be very different than yours. We're both running open F/A's, and no choke plates. I put what my jets were in this thread. My carb setting are low speed 1.25 turns out( both MAG and PTO) high speed one is 3/4 and one is 1. I had ZERO stumble off idle and plugs are a nice chocolate brown. It did stumble at the end of the day when heading back to the trailer. That may be nothing, or it may be the waterbox rave going as we found the little metal piece that should be doing something.......doing nothing. lol So we took it out for the time being.

lol meh I'm ok with it.

Yeah both [MENTION=52309]MPower[/MENTION] and my settings are going to be very different than yours. We're both running open F/A's, and no choke plates. I put what my jets were in this thread. My carb setting are low speed 1.25 turns out( both MAG and PTO) high speed one is 3/4 and one is 1. I had ZERO stumble off idle and plugs are a nice chocolate brown. It did stumble at the end of the day when heading back to the trailer. That may be nothing, or it may be the waterbox rave going as we found the little metal piece that should be doing something.......doing nothing. lol So we took it out for the time being.

What is the purpose of removing the choke plates? Do you put a primer kit on it? Does removing the choke plates increase power?

What is the purpose of removing the choke plates? Do you put a primer kit on it? Does removing the choke plates increase power?

Yeah I put a primer kit on there, so no need for the choke plates. I wouldn't say it gives you more power, but it will flow more air. How much.......well I dunno the answer to that. Enough so that they have a jet kit specifically labeled for aftermarket F/A's and removed choke plates.

Yeah I put a primer kit on there, so no need for the choke plates. I wouldn't say it gives you more power, but it will flow more air. How much.......well I dunno the answer to that. Enough so that they have a jet kit specifically labeled for aftermarket F/A's and removed choke plates.

Gotcha I was kinda thinking about putting a primer kit on mine but wasn't sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back