my new to me Spark has maintenance come up on screen

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

laurencen

good day all, picked up a 2017 Spark last week, first time in water seems to run OK, no issues with speed shows 40mph and quite smooth, initially when powered up it says maintenance required, the machine has 110 hrs, is this for service oil change? any way to clear it?

other issue we ran it with a plug in the flush hole, could this cause water in the hull or any issues?, we did roll it over in the water and after righting we had water, lots of water anyway going out again on the weekend and see if water gets in when not rolled over.

The PITA "maintenance - ML" message is telling you the ski needs a service. 110 hours is overdue for an oil change. Unfortunately, the message cannot be cleared without a CANDOO computer....either find someone with an "unlimited" license for their Candoo software or take it to a dealer ...they can plug into the ski harness and clear the ML message. The ski will be "impeded" from its top capabilities while in "maintenace" mode, even after a service (assuming you do everything on your own). There is an internal code set inside the ski computer brain telling it to "protect itself".

well that sucks, yes all oil changes I do myself, change every year on other machines, doubt our dealer will do much without a 100 dollar bill, have to check where else this code can be cleared, does it do this every 100 hours?

Yeah, tell me about it....my 2017 Spark ski is stuck in "maintenance mode", won't go above 30 mph....I don't have a Candoo system and I haven't had a chance to get it over to the stealership yet.

I am not sure on the maintenance interval....but a 100 hours is a long time and sounds about right.....my ski only has about 54 run hours on it though...so maybe it's an internal "clock" timing thing perhaps.

Back