My "new" 1996 XP

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you post some pictures of the wiring layout in and around the front electrical box? I am specifically trying to check the wire maintenance around the clips on the left side front near the ebox and near the battery.

Really sexy boat, actually digging the purple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I sure can. I'll try to get some additional photos this weekend while I'm working on my GSXL. Do you want me to open up both the front and rear box then too (they may have never been opened before! lol)? I can probably get even more pictures when I start replacing fuel lines as well.

Yeah, I sure can. I'll try to get some additional photos this weekend while I'm working on my GSXL. Do you want me to open up both the front and rear box then too (they may have never been opened before! lol)? I can probably get even more pictures when I start replacing fuel lines as well.

Thanks man!

With a GEM like this we would all like to see as many pictures as possible, but take what ever you have time for.

I wonder if there is an aftermarket impeller hiding in there?

Really interested to see how many original hours are on it.

You and me both! A friend of mine has the dealer tool to check hours and so forth, so the next time him and I meet up - We'll definitely get the hours read.

Over my lunch break I got the ski titled and registered, so now I need to order some new hull numbers. Anyone have recommendations on numbers? I have purchased from this guy on eBay in the past and been satisfied, but I am really digging the type/colors of numbers that are on it, since they match so well to the rest of the ski so well.

Pwcgraphics.com Made mine and they are fantastic. They will match yours perfectly. They have the same fade the letters in your graphic have and the font of the bombardier. You may want him to have them angled to match the contour of the hull, you cannot cut these and angle them yourself. They are one big decal they are not individual letters the yellow blends into the hull.

Contact Mike @ PWCGraphics.com i think. He goes by [MENTION=70010]RatFink[/MENTION] on here. [MENTION=51350]Jetskigoodies[/MENTION] got some custom ones on his 1996 seadoo xp resto from him and they turned out amazing, and i got some from him on my 1999 Spx resto as well and i love them.

Here is the link to the ones i put on mine http://www.seadooforum.com/showthre...adoo-Rehab-my-96-XP-Custom-Resto-Thread/page7

Pwcgraphics.com Made mine and they are fantastic. They will match yours perfectly. They have the same fade the letters in your graphic have and the font of the bombardier. You may want him to have them angled to match the contour of the hull, you cannot cut these and angle them yourself. They are one big decal they are not individual letters the yellow blends into the hull.

Looks awesome guys, I sent Mike a PM for some details on the hull numbers.

In the meantime, I did order some basic ones off eBay ($11), just in case it takes a while for the "good" ones to be made and come in! Thanks again for the recommendation, I forgot that Mike made registration numbers in addition to the reproduction factory sets. I'll be ordering at least one (probably two) sets of 1995 XP800 decals once they are ready and when I get my two 1995's ready for decals!

Looks awesome guys, I sent Mike a PM for some details on the hull numbers.

In the meantime, I did order some basic ones off eBay ($11), just in case it takes a while for the "good" ones to be made and come in! Thanks again for the recommendation, I forgot that Mike made registration numbers in addition to the reproduction factory sets. I'll be ordering at least one (probably two) sets of 1995 XP800 decals once they are ready and when I get my two 1995's ready for decals!

Nice! You might wanna try emailing him through his website, if i remember correctly he doesnt get on this site too terribly much. Just letting you know in case he doesnt reply

My "new" 1996 XP

Sorry for the delay on seeing this, guys. As mentioned above - I'm not able to get on here as much as I would like.
I am working on trying to find the correct arc to make the reg numbers match the contour. I can also add more space in between the numbers so they may be cut apart and arranged to fit.

Also - the 95XP800 repo kits are minutes from being finished. Just working with [MENTION=57920]racerxxx[/MENTION] on a couple of minor details.

I started a FB page to allow a better way for people to display their finished projects using graphics from pwcgraphics.com
Just started it a few mins ago - have to add content later.

https://www.facebook.com/pwcgraphics

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike,

I'll get you the tracing of the 95 dash decal so the dess position is correct. I have to move a car to get to the ski, or play a contortionist.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
I have replaced all the fuel lines, not a single grey fuel line left on the ski! I also replaced the fuel filter and fuel selector. Drained the fuel tank (I'll see how my lawn mower runs on 15-year old premium, lol). I replaced the oil injection lines, oil filter and the lines going from the tank to the oil pump. I did not replace the larger 12mm oil lines going to the RV cavity, they appear to be in great shape. That will be done at a later date. I cleaned the oil tank and filled it with fresh XPS-II (It had the old blue XP-S oil in it). I serviced the RAVE's, this was the first time they had been done, I had to mess up the paint to remove them! They were a little dirty, but not nearly as bad as I've seen on other machines. They both moved freely up and down before I cleaned them up.

I also removed the Maryland registration stickers and hull numbers as well as a Maryland safety sticker on the back. There isn't any ghosting at all under the hull numbers! I think this is the first time I've seen a ski this old that hasn't had at least a tiny bit of ghosting when the numbers were! I also gave the ski a quick wash. Probably the first it's had in well over a decade. Cleans up nicely, even without any wax on it!

Here are a few pictures of the work:

136.jpg

137.jpg

138.jpg

139.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks tight!

Don't burn that gas in the mower. I did from an old sled, probably a little older than 15 years old. I couldn't figure out why when I would make a hard turn down hill the exhaust would belch white smoke. This went on for 3 cuttings. Mind you, I would fog out the neighborhood. So I checked the oil, well, I found out why it would smoke. The crankcase was FULL to the top of the dipstick with gas and oil. I drivre back to my shop and changed the oil and drained the gas and went to fresh. I initially thought I blew a head gasket since my mower is liquid cooled, lol. No I didn't fill it, I only put a gallon in and I have almost a 5 gallon tank. I think that gallon went right to the crankcase.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Every time I see aftermarket FAs I'm going to think of the hell I had for 2 years trying to get my ski to run right.

Paint that sponson to match lol. This ski gives me a chubby

Good idea! The natural aluminum does appear out of place. Anyone have a good match of rattle can paint that will adhere well to aluminum (yellow, of course)? Maybe power coating would be the best option?

Every time I see aftermarket FAs I'm going to think of the hell I had for 2 years trying to get my ski to run right.

This is how I bought it, and haven't had it on the water yet, so I'm not sure how it runs. I do know that my 1998 GSXL also has F/A on it and it rips, no issues at all (well, fuel wise). I'm still trying to decide if I will keep the F/A's or if I'll install the stock airbox back on the ski.

Good idea! The natural aluminum does appear out of place. Anyone have a good match of rattle can paint that will adhere well to aluminum (yellow, of course)? Maybe power coating would be the best option?

This is how I bought it, and haven't had it on the water yet, so I'm not sure how it runs. I do know that my 1998 GSXL also has F/A on it and it rips, no issues at all (well, fuel wise). I'm still trying to decide if I will keep the F/A's or if I'll install the stock airbox back on the ski.

As long as your plugs look good, and it rides great, then who cares. :)

Had a great weekend on the water. Took the boat out on Saturday, tried (and failed miserable) to wakeboard with the board I get for fathers day. Then Sunday I took two of my X4's out, one of my 1995 XP800's and my 1996 XP. The 1996 ran flawlessly, its a super strong running ski. Loved every minute of it.

I also was able to check the hours on my 1996. At the end of the day, after close to two hours of riding - the ski has 41 hours on it! I was honestly a bit surprised because of how clean it was, I actually thought it would be Lower. Regardless, that is one low hour 1996 XP!

Hope everyone else was able to enjoy the weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back