My "new" 1996 XP

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the purple I want a set of rails for my own ski black and yellow is getting old long live the pink

Hah, I knew there was more to it. I'd rather details then hanging on the edge of my seat wondering. Beautiful ski for sure and all that purple lends itself to those graphics. Love the back story!

No doubt! It certainly was a crazy turn of events, I figured there was no way possible that I would be able to get this ski. I knew it would be a minimum of 2-months out before I would be able to make the trip over there. I'm am certainly glad everything fell into place and was able to bring home this keeper! We weren't planning on making the trip to Maryland originally until late in April or maybe maybe even early May, but everything worked out for the best for us and our family after all.

Oh, and congrats on the little one. How did I forget the future rider!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Oh I forgot this in my first post...

[video=youtube;VLnWf1sQkjY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLnWf1sQkjY[/video]

I like the purple I want a set of rails for my own ski black and yellow is getting old long live the pink

I have a set of purple GSX side rails that have been for sale 4ever, But the bumpers and rear rail are sold pretty quickly. Biggest issue is shipping them in a box big enough that they aren't all bent up when they arrive :(

I don't understand how you say that you can't use another ski? After all you have a new rider in the house and if it is a boy he will think the yellow is cool and if it is a girl she will think the purple trim is cool. Win, win situation.

Grabbed some additional photos last night when I moved the ski off the trailer and onto the stand. Enjoy!

276.jpg

Has anyone seen one of these indoor only "Dust Covers" before? I've only seen the canvas ones that are indoor/outdoor.

277.jpg

Some old school oil and gel coat from way back. Again note that the Synthetic XPS oil was originally blue, something I did not know.

278.jpg

Minty Fresh inside. Grey Tempto Fuel lines need to go!

279.jpg

Clean here too. Note the motor has been apart. I have paperwork for warranty work to replace the RV Gear, Rotary Valve, piston bearings, all seals, etc

280.jpg

Like new, crazy clean everywhere.

281.jpg

I've never seen a complete tool set before, much less one that the tools aren't rusted to the point of being un-usable

282.jpg

Original sponsons and the one "good" aftermarket sponson in yellow that didn't break on the PO

283.jpg

The wondering is over - they were (are?) Ultrac sponsons. To match the Ultrac trim tabs I suppose!

An interesting note is that I have paperwork where the PO tried to have the dealer install a set-back pump from a 1995 XP800. They ended up making a note on the paperwork that this was not possible because the driveshaft was too short. I guess he at one time had all the parts except the longer driveshaft for a set-back pump. Bummer, would have been cool to have on this ski!

Even more excited for summer now. Unfortunately I think I will shift gears and get the motor aligned, bolted down and everything reconnected in my GSXL first. Then start working on the fuel system on this one. Don't want to have too many skis down at once!

Awesome! Thanks for sharing. I'm going to say those sponsons are pretty rare. I've never seen a yellow set pop up for sale.

Great score!

96 XP800!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

Awesome! Thanks for sharing. I'm going to say those sponsons are pretty rare. I've never seen a yellow set pop up for sale.

Great score!

Yeah, I've never seen a set of these before either. Unfortunately I don't have the full set of the yellow, because the one side broke. That's why it has aluminum ones on it now, that were made as a copy of the Ultrac ones. Knowing the PO through all of our conversations, I would imagine that he tried to replace the set, but the Ultracs were probably no longer available by the time the one sponson broke.

My GAWD that's a clean ski,,, cleanest non resto i've ever seen actually !

Long cardboard tube
It would have to be pretty freaking long, like 8 feet !!!
( the rear straight piece I put in a mailing tube)

What I did was coil it loosely inside a big Television Box and set them aside.... it seemed (at the time) like I wasn't coiling it too tight, no bends/crimps.

I have one of those Ultrac sponsons but it's grey. Man those things are thick! They must have used the wrong material since they are(were) prone to breaking. I'm sure those aluminum ones will hold up fine.

Yes that has gotta be the best original inside pics going. I thought I spotted a sped of dirt in there but it was just my ole computer screen.

Just got off the phone with my plastic supplier. I might be able to get yellow but it's not UV stable, meaning it will fade.

I would like to replicate those ultrac trim tabs off they ever come off.

Just got off the phone with my plastic supplier. I might be able to get yellow but it's not UV stable, meaning it will fade.

I would like to replicate those ultrac trim tabs off they ever come off.

Racer, I'll let you know if and when the trim tabs come off. Depending on how I like them, I might be in for two more sets of reproductions. Would be cool to see both the sponsons and the trim tabs in yellow like these Ultracs are. It's a shame the yellow isn't UV stable.

Can you post some pictures of the wiring layout in and around the front electrical box? I am specifically trying to check the wire maintenance around the clips on the left side front near the ebox and near the battery.

Really sexy boat, actually digging the purple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talk about a time capsule!
I can't believe the old XP-S was blue. Guess we might have to stop yelling at all the owners with blue oil. Just kidding, NO BLUE OIL!

I think and almost any reasonable price you scored on this thing. Minty Minty!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back