my engine wont start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a seadoo gtx rfi millennium edition
the ski got flooded but worked fine after that
i took it out for a long ride and it stopped the engine just cut out
and would not kick over
when i got it have it wants to wind over but it just won't

when i try to kick it over a second time it just sounds a long beep

i have changes the spark plugs although i am getting no spark or a orange spark.
i did have a bad battery although i am getting a new one but have tried and it still does the same thing

i really want it up and running for christmas can someone help me
does anyone know what is wrong with it

thanks

On the electrical:
You may have gotten it flooded into mpem & E-box. Remove to fuses and shine a light
into there, blow any water out and dielectric grease openings. Being "flooded" may
do same with Stator. Probly take all electrical fitting & clean/grease connectors.
Case:
Remove plugs, put wires on the ground lugs, and spin/turn engine with starter and
see if then any water comes out.

:agree:You might also want to spray the engine area and electrical connections down with wd-40 so it can dissipate the water. Leave the engine cover off too so it can sun dry. Be sure the new battery is fully charged, and the connectors are clean and tight.

Karl

thanks for the tips guys i have tried all this although the ski still does not work is there any other things that you think might cause the problem i am willing to try anything

Charging system?

On the electrical:
You may have gotten it flooded into mpem & E-box. Remove to fuses and shine a light
into there, blow any water out and dielectric grease openings. Being "flooded" may
do same with Stator. Probly take all electrical fitting & clean/grease connectors.
Case:
Remove plugs, put wires on the ground lugs, and spin/turn engine with starter and
see if then any water comes out.

Just to add a bit: your electrical charging system is very important, especially to the higher demands from the RFI verses the N/A. As Bill stated, you need to look into all these electrical areas, to see if your water resistant seal allowed any seepage.

But, from your description, your charging system sounds like it is not working. If you start and ride for a bit, then it shut you down, then you get one long beep, this is indicative of a bad or no charge going back to your battery.

When you get this new battery, the very first thing you should do is to start it back up, then use a voltage meter to see what kind of charge you have. With the engine off, you should have about 12.6 volts (on a new battery). When you start the motor, you should have anywhere from 13.5 to 14 vdc. If you see no change between running and not running, check your charging fuse, rectifier and magneto................:cheers:

Sometimes problems are hard to diagnose unless you can see and hear the problem first hand. There are a lot of different variables.

Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back