long continuous beep!!! easy one!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

super1c

I know its here cause i read it before but i cant seem to find what the continuous beep on a 95 GTX means. everything is fine. NO gage lights ect. It just seemed to start beeping after i put it in reverse then went forward and it never shut off. Please any info would be great. Im up north and no manual with me. thanks CCC

Long Beep

I checked the manual and here's what is says: ONE LONG BEEP

Bad Connection
Wrong Safety Lanyard
Defective Safety Lanyard
Salt water in Safety Lanyard
Improper operation of MPEM of defective wiring harness

I would suspect that its the first "Bad Connection" check the post make sure it's clean and check the connections to the post.

Lou

It seems i have a few problems. Upon getting it back out the fuel light is on all the time with a full tank. Most likley the baffel, fuse problem. Ok with that as their seems to be good trouble shooting for that. Would that cause the beep? In my owners manual (which i found) says engine overheat. Checked the coolant lines and have water out the back. Its the skis first time out so not sure on the injection pump. Would this cause the beep if not working right? Cloged from old oil ect. Sat a year before i went through it. Learned a lot but still learning. Any thoughts would be great. THX CCC

Fuel Gauge

I had the same problem with the fuel gauge on my ski. My problem was the fuel float had sunk to the bottom of the baffel, the fuse was O.K. If it was me I would check the float first. The new design, which is far superior is one piece molded plastic, the old design used corks for floatation. And NO this would not cause a long beep.

As far as the cooling problem is concerned, I'm not sure what could be the problem. The cooling system is pretty simple, water flows from the jet pump, through the head of the motor and back out. The only thing I could think of is an obstruction, so check you lines, hook up and garden hose to check if water is flowing through the system. Are you sure its overheating?

Lou

You can test the temp sensor by heating water in a pan, checking restistance as
described in the Shop Manual. It should change at 203* degrees, you'll need a thermometer & ohm meter. Bills86e

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back