2007 GTI SE 130 long beep

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

tomnmisty

Greetings all,

New ski owners here. We purchased a pair of 2007 GTI SE skis. We purchased them in December and have them out on the lake now. They had an oil change last fall, and both had new plugs installed this spring and the batteries charged/tested. Both skis seem to run great, but we have 2 minor(hopefully) issues.

1) One ski seems to do all the correct beeps when the key is installed, but then doesn't turn over when the start button is pressed. If you remove the key and reinstall it then it will usually start. I can remove the key and reclip it many times and it may only fail to start 1 of 10-12 times. This worries my wife that the one time will be in the middle of the lake and also be the last time. I don't hear an starter/solenoid noise so I am leaning towards the start button but any and all advice is appreciated!

2) The other ski has an issue after running for a while with a lot of throttle where if you go from fullish throttle to no throttle or make a big turn to slow the ski then it starts giving one solid continuous beep and the ski has no power and the engine sounds like it is stumbling under throttle. You can pull the key and put it back and it will start and run normal until you get it into that same situation again. If I really pay attention to my driving, I can keep it from happening at all but if I accidently slow to quickly I can goose the throttle and it also prevents this error. If I catch it quick enough it will also start this beep and stumble but pop out of it and take off as normal. This ski actually seems to run better/faster than the first ski but has this strange issue that I have no idea where to begin to look to chase it down. Thanks for reading and again any and all help is appreciated!

Tom

For your first one.

If you get 2 beeps, the machine has accepted the key. If you push the start button and nothing happens, I would start with the start button, solenoid, and all grounds. If it doesn't always do it though, you might have difficulty in troubleshooting though. Another item could be the battery and its ability to provide enough cranking amps. Regardless, I would check the battery terminals for tightness and any corrosion. There are also 3 grounds on the front of the engine block. Again, they all need to be tight and clean.

An easy test for things like the solenoid, battery, would be to swap them between the machines. If your problem follows that is your problem.

The one solid beep is a warning tone. I don't have any experience with 2007 models but wonder if there is a code on the display. I am wondering there if is your throttle position sensor where it gives an erroneous result and the ski goes into limp.

The problem with the TPS is that if you remove it, you need to recalibrate it and you will need software to do this. If you had Candoo you could test it, otherwise there is not much you could do.

MacSeaDoo,

Thanks for your reply. I was considering a swap one piece at a time between the machines to see if I could get the problem to follow for the starter issue. I will check the grounds and battery first, and then maybe swap start buttons since my mind is telling me that is the likely culprit.

Both skis LCD aren't viewable, so I don't know if there is a code displayed or anything. Haven't looked into seeing if there is a DIY remedy to get them lit up again. We bought these from the original owners, and they seemed to have taken good care of them, but said they were selling them because they just didn't get used as much as they used to so I'm wondering if both issues are related to just sitting around for a season or two. Maybe corrosion or something like that.

TPS makes sense since it seems that I can control how often it happens b manipulation of the throttle. Wonder if both need calibrated or maybe the one replaced and calibrated. The other ski with the starting issue "wide open" doesn't seem to rev out the same, like it might be at 95% throttle. Again, no LCD so can't compare RPMs, but I do know one is a tiny bit faster and the engine sounds like it might be a little higher RPM. GPS showed both over 50 mph so that may all be in my head.

Back