Lake Gaston (NC/VA) X4 Ride

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Hey gang, anyone going out this weekend? I haven't put in any seat time in a long while. Itching to go, don't care what lake, long as it's the 3 close to Raleigh. Any takers?

Thought about it but it looks pretty rainy, except Monday. I could prolly do Jordan Monday.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Get some goggles. Riding in rain is fun! Especially if its windy and some nice white caps are kicked up to launch off.

We'll be out at Jordan at the Farrington boat ramp. I should be there about 11.

Looks like it's trying to clear. We'll be out around 1:00 maybe sooner....waiting on daughter to get home.

Cool, if we're not near the dock I'll let you know where we are around then.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Was a good time. I think my gauge is finally done!

Had an exhaust bolt wiggle out too. Not sure what happened, but with it being so low today I flushed my engine, when I went to rev it to clear the water out it tried to run away even after I pulled the lanyard. Pulled the throttle and it shut right down. That was wild. All stock I shouldn't have that issue and the exhaust shouldn't have anything to do with that.

159.jpg

Oooh... sounds like a lean condition. Good thing you knew to pull the throttle. The first time that happened to me, I thought it was going to blow up or catch fire. I ended up pulling of the fuel line with my bare hands lol

Oooh... sounds like a lean condition. Good thing you knew to pull the throttle. The first time that happened to me, I thought it was going to blow up or catch fire. I ended up pulling of the fuel line with my bare hands lol

I first turned the fuel off. Then thought ugh why did I do that. Turned it back on really quick and pulled the throttle. Turned right off then.

Just doesn't make sense since it's all stock and has been running great. Shouldn't randomly create a lean condition.

Could your throttle have been stuck somehow? Did it run away on its own or after you pulled the throttle? Have you checked plus recently?

Could your throttle have been stuck somehow? Did it run away on its own or after you pulled the throttle? Have you checked plus recently?

Good point.....it's possible. I need to replace my throttle cable. I noticed it had started to fray just a little bit. So maybe you're right, maybe it stuck a bit. It ran away after I pulled the throttle. It was fine until that.

Any experience with the throttle cables from SBT? I've heard in the past SBT cables are fine.

Hi guys. Good riding with you yesterday.
Like Andrew states tough to mess up a cable.....as long as it has good cable and barrels.

Looks like I'll be the guinea pig and try the cheap WSM one.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

You probably would have gotten away with an even cheaper used one. The one on my old 92 gts was original and still was in pretty good shape.

Back