Lake Gaston (NC/VA) X4 Ride

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
You probably would have gotten away with an even cheaper used one. The one on my old 92 gts was original and still was in pretty good shape.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Possibly, but I have amazon gift cards from work I need to use. :) So it's free to me.

Took my GTI to High Point today in hopes of exploring the Randleman reservoir, only to find that it doesn't allow PWCs :( Bummed...

That sucks! Didn't realize any of our lakes prohibited pwcs.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Turns out many of the smaller "reservoirs" prohibit them. I could understand prohibiting 2strokes, but this is a blanket statement. The lakewide 25mph speed limit may have something to do with it. I can barely stay on plane at that speed lol

Anyone want to hit up Falls Lake this sat? A buddy and I are heading out there for some weekend riding. It's already been too long since I rode the x4...

I'm heading up to Gaston for the day to ride with mpower.

Nice! I ought to do that some day. Haven't been yet. I had grandeurs of exploring new lakes with my wife this year, but her surgery ended her summer prematurely. And now our GTI blew an engine so this plan will have to be put off till next year.

You can toss your x4 on my double trailer and come with me. :)

Hmm tempting, but I already promised my buddy we'd go to falls.

You can put him on your double and I'll just take my single. :)

Anyone want to hit up Falls Lake this sat? A buddy and I are heading out there for some weekend riding. It's already been too long since I rode the x4...

Yeah you and your buddy are welcome to come to my lake house with Suke. Would be a good time. Only about an hour from falls.

I really want to go with you guys. I'm leaning hard on my buddy, to go. He says he needs to fix an exhaust mani leak first and test it. What time are you heading out there [MENTION=59515]suke[/MENTION]?

I really want to go with you guys. I'm leaning hard on my buddy, to go. He says he needs to fix an exhaust mani leak first and test it. What time are you heading out there [MENTION=59515]suke[/MENTION]?

I normally try and get up there around 10am to maximize my riding time. So I normally head out around 730ish am.

Also we put in at Mpowers neighborhood boat ramp that's less than a minute from his house and a 2 min ride on the water to his dock.

So my buddy couldn't get around to his repairs in time. Says he'll most likely be out Sunday. So tomorrow, I'm totally down to hit up Gaston :) [MENTION=59515]suke[/MENTION], we can take my car and throw your ski on my double if you want. I probably get better mileage than a truck ;) Or we can do it the other way around. I'll throw some gas money your way. In either case, let's talk logistics. When should we meet up and where? I live near Knight's Play near the US1/Ten Ten Rd. exit. [MENTION=52309]MPower[/MENTION], thanks for inviting me, I look fwd to meeting you and riding on a new lake

So my buddy couldn't get around to his repairs in time. Says he'll most likely be out Sunday. So tomorrow, I'm totally down to hit up Gaston :) [MENTION=59515]suke[/MENTION], we can take my car and throw your ski on my double if you want. I probably get better mileage than a truck ;) Or we can do it the other way around. I'll throw some gas money your way. In either case, let's talk logistics. When should we meet up and where? I live near Knight's Play near the US1/Ten Ten Rd. exit. [MENTION=52309]MPower[/MENTION], thanks for inviting me, I look fwd to meeting you and riding on a new lake

SWEET!!! I'll come to your house with my double trailer and we'll decide then. I live in Holly Springs so not far from you and I go out that way to his place anywho. Text me your address. Meet at your place say 8am? That'll give us plenty of time to sort the skis on the trailer. Only thing that may make taking the truck easier is the ramp is down a dirt road. I can't recall any places that a car would have issues, but Mpower said he's never seen a car go back there. LOL!

With gas/fuel prices right now it's only $40 total there and back from his place.

Cool, 8am is pushing it for me on a Sat morning, but this is a special occasion. If I'm not out there tooling around, just walk up n ring the door bell. I'll text you my address.

Cool, 8am is pushing it for me on a Sat morning, but this is a special occasion. If I'm not out there tooling around, just walk up n ring the door bell. I'll text you my address.

Just wait until you have a kid! LOL! 8 am is sleeping in.

Sounds good fellas. I am heading up tonight after work to do much needed yard work before it gets dark.

Christian, you guys decided on the food thing.

Yeah we'll talk about it tomorrow. Andrew we can either grill out at his place or take a jaunt across the lake and eat somewhere for lunch. We can decide on the way up.

He has a pretty BA grill setup. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back