Meet-&-Greet June 20th, 2009

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK we're here!!!

we're on business 41 near downtown at a local motel. Anyone else here for overn ight stay give us a ring. txt us first 7274824050

DJ n Gayle

Ok folks this seems to be the list of who's bringing what, as of 6:20pm Friday.

This event is a rain or shine event

*= attended the event

*1) Kustomkarl / Moderator (4)...... (Organizer of event)Polish sausage, Beer Brats/ propane gas, chips, 1 table, water, soda, plastic cups, cooking utensils, Ketchup, mustard, relish
*2) JoeZ / Admin (2) Water/ Cold beverage, Tee shirts
*3) hfgreg / Admin (3) Water/ Cold beverage
*4) seadoosnipe / Super Moderator huge gas grill/ burgers,hot dog/ burger rolls, Different mix of soda
*5) custompartsguy (2) Chips
_6) Z85Mike (3) (can't go)
_7) bogginyota
*8) mud mickey (2-5) cookies, paper towels
_9) vfr700f2 (2)
_10) euro Scott
*11) DarbysDad (3) Paper plates, utensils/ Cold Mellon
*12) Darren (5)Burgers, Hotdogs
*13) Djames59 (2) Trash bags and removal/ sausage, Macoroni salad
*14) Captain Scale Veggie platter
*15) gti bri Cold beverage

THINGS WE COULD USE:

salads,..potato, toss/ dressing.
cooler with ice...never enough
aluminum foil/ food wrap
small plastic table //serve food on

Here is the original list;

Here is what we need:
1) Club members to commit and show up for a great time (25 would be good)
2) A couple portable propane grills
3) Cooking / serving utensils
4) Some coolers with ice
5) Soft drinks for the kids
6) A couple tables or something to serve food on
7) Trash bags for cleanup
8) Aluminum Foil, plastic wrap for leftovers
9) Paper plates, plastic utensils, napkins

Last edited by a moderator:
Late update, Just I will be attending, my darn Jeep broke down today out the door just over another $100, so I am limited on what I will be bringing, sorry. and pick up a couple of bags of chips.

If anyone reads this before coming out tomorrow as most of use already know Florida does get really hot, so bring protection exp for your kids. Tomorrow the national weather service has issued a heat advisory for sarasota,mannatee, and charlotte counties.

...HEAT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM NOON TO 7 PM EDT SATURDAY...
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN TAMPA BAY AREA - RUSKIN FL HAS
ISSUED A HEAT ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM NOON TO 7 PM EDT
SATURDAY.
A DEEP-LAYERED HIGH PRESSURE CENTER WILL MOVE FROM LOUISIANA INTO
THE FLORIDA PANHANDLE SATURDAY AFTERNOON. THIS HIGH WILL REDUCE
RAIN CHANCES AND CLOUD COVER...ALLOWING TEMPERATURES TO SOAR INTO
THE UPPER 90S AWAY FROM THE COAST AND EVEN INTO THE LOWER 90S
ALONG THE COAST. COMBINED WITH ENOUGH LOW LEVEL HUMIDITY EXPECT
HEAT INDICES TO BETWEEN 105 AND 110 SATURDAY AFTERNOON.
PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...
A HEAT ADVISORY IS ISSUED WHEN THE HEAT INDEX...A MEASURE OF HOW
IT FEELS WHEN TEMPERATURE AND HUMIDITY ARE COMBINED...EXCEEDS
105 FOR 3 HOURS OR MORE DURING THE DAY...AND OBSERVED NIGHTTIME
TEMPERATURES REMAIN AROUND 80 DEGREES...FOR TWO CONSECUTIVE DAYS OR
MORE.

To Hot for me, I started to go and it was just to damn hot to deal with especially since I have to take the family out tomorrow in the boat.. Hope you all had a great time !!

Snake Island

Here are a few photos I took at Snake Island today. It was a gorgeous day but hot! The water felt like bath water in some places. My temp guage read 91deg. Rode that 255HP RXT today, man does that thing fly! Liked the suspension action on the waves! I'm still happy with my rebuilt 1997 GTX though, lots of fun and it's paid for and low maintenance!

Attachments

• P1020125.jpg
    P1020125.jpg
    563.2 KB · Views: 39
  • P1020128.jpg
    P1020128.jpg
    461.3 KB · Views: 36
  • P1020127.jpg
    P1020127.jpg
    696.7 KB · Views: 32
  • P1020129.jpg
    P1020129.jpg
    1,015.6 KB · Views: 35
A Great Day!

Thanks to Karl and team for putting this together...good to put faces with names (or handles in this case)!

Sorry we missed you on the way out for those I didn't get to say 'Bye' to...

Great time, and thanks again!

Bryan

I'd like to thank everyone that attended. I think it was a great event and I hope you all had as much fun as I did. Louis, thank you for being so generous with you ski, everyone had a blast on it. Karl, thank you for planning this and making it all possible. Bryan, thanks again for playing chaufer.
Special thanks to SeaDoo and Douglas Powersports for bringing down the 2009 RXT iS. For those that didn't get to ride it, all I can say is "wow."

I'm closing this thread as it was intended for planning the event. Please post all pictures and accounts of the events in a new thread.

Joe, you took the words right out of my mouth...I would like to add a special thanks also to all the members that took the time to come out and have a great time with us on the water, and share some food, drinks and relaxation. It just shows that we have a great bunch of people on and off the forum. Thanks to all that did help playing chauffeur, for other members...I didn't get to say bye Mark...uh Bryan, and family, and Darren and family, to name a couple... I'm real glad everyone had a great time. I hope you all can make it on the next one too.

Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back