Just bought

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

homie3186

Hey guys i just bought at 2007 speedster 150 215hp. It has only 6 hours on it. Is this anything i should know about these, and how is maintance to do yourself, what are the intervals? Any info you guys can give will help

Welcome to the forum. I see you have two posts. Both are posts asking for advice on the boat (or PWC) and motor. I'm really not trying to sound rude, but this forum is filled with all kinds of info that will answer so many questions you might have. If you have a specific problem, it would be great for you to make a thread and solicit advice.

All the info on maintenance, winterizing, compression, pumps and maintenance... It's all here. We also have a search engine. I'd suggest you become familar with the forums topics and enjoy reading the thousands of posts some of our experienced members have shared.

Hey guys i just bought at 2007 speedster 150 215hp. It has only 6 hours on it. Is this anything i should know about these, and how is maintance to do yourself, what are the intervals? Any info you guys can give will help

great little boat...only thing you really need to address is the ceramic supercharger washers!! If your mechanically inclined, pull the charger and ship it to Jerry from GreenHulk to get the steel washers installed.....other then that they are pretty good overall!! Enjoy.

nope...supercharger washers are pretty much it...!! Check out GreenHulk and do a search for "supercharger removal" and a ton of info will come up.

how important is it to do the washers now. the boat has 6 hours on it and i dont want to tear it aparts right now becuase its pretty much time to drop it in the water can i get away with waiting until next winter? is there a certain time when these fail?

how important is it to do the washers now. the boat has 6 hours on it and i dont want to tear it aparts right now becuase its pretty much time to drop it in the water can i get away with waiting until next winter? is there a certain time when these fail?

I wouldn't chance it.....they are like ticking time bombs, some have gone with 3 hours on the engine and other last up to 80 hours on the engine!! but if they fail, it is almost certain that you will destroy your engine!!

how important is it to do the washers now. the boat has 6 hours on it and i don't want to tear it aparts right now because its pretty much time to drop it in the water can i get away with waiting until next winter? is there a certain time when these fail?

Our 2008 'died' 20 minutes after I picked it up form the 10 hour service. The ceramic washer disintegrated. After 3 weeks down for parts etc, I got her back. About an hour after I got her on the water I got an oil pressure alarm, and limped home. I guess when they rebuilt the blower, the oil got contaminated.... or something. Another month waiting for a new engine. NOW, 2 years later nothing has happened to the boat. We use the hell out of it. Enjoy it, the little boats just want to go fast!

A 2007 with only 6 hrs? If you haven't done so I would have someone plug in a scanner and see what the computer says for hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back