Islandia problems!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuckdtattooist

I bought a 2001 islandia last summer took it out multiple times and it ran amazing, then Irma happened. I took the boat to Atlanta to keep her safe from the storm. She’s sat from September till last week. Before splashing her I changed plugs and wires filed her up and put her in the water. She fired up no problem but as I was leaving the dock she wouldn’t make more than 3500 rpm. So I let her dock idle for 20 minutes cast back out and still no better than 3500 rpm. Took her out checked the jet for debris found nothing. On the trailer she’ll redline rpm. This is my first boat please help!

2001 sea doo islandia
240 merc

When it gets to 3500 rpm, does it cut out?? Like missing spark? OR.... does it get to 3500 and just not go any higher?

Oh.... DO NOT rev it up on the trailer !!!!!! you can have a runaway situation that is hard to control.

Also... this is a Merc boat. I'll move the thread.

OK.... if it doesn't feel like it's hitting the rev limiter... then you probably have a spark issue. (dead coils) These engines run remarkably well with 2 or even 3 cyl's not fireing at all. You just get low peak RPM

Get a couple cheap in-line spark testers, and verify spark on all 6 plugs.

Also... verify that the throttle is physically open all the way. I've seen a few get stuck, and only open half way at the engine.

Sorry for the delay. So I noticed that when I turned the key I couldn’t here the fuel pump, so I changed that out in the process I found broken wires coming off the trigger. They basically desentegrated when I touched them. So changed out the the trigger tested the spark and boom spark on all cylinders. Took the boat out for a sea trial and she instantly planed out. Now for the but. I ran her out a out a mile then slowed to look for a place to spear. When I throttled back up it felt like a transmission slipping. She sounded like she was going like hell but was barely moving. Could this be a wear ring? Or is there something else in play here? Mind you this is my first boat so I’m in the dark but Im trying to learn

Sounds like you have something lodged in the jet pump.

If you pulled the boat out of the water just get under it and check the grate area under the boat. More then likely you sucked up weeds

That's cavitation. It could be the ring or the impeller... but it was just running well... so I'm going to say, that's not the problem. As above... you sucked something into the pump. Since it sounds like you were going to jump in the water anyway... just poke your head under the pump, and look for some seaweed... or an old shopping bag.

That was exactly what happened sucked up some long sea grass. Thanks guys you guys are amazing. By the way do you know anywhere to buy the upholstery panels I have some 3 or 4 that need replaced

You can try here.

Home Page

He was a member who turned a hobby into a biz. Keith is a good guy, and will take care of you. I'm not sure if he has done an Islandia yet... but he needs to. I'm going to need a few replacements soon myself. Let him know Dr Honda at Seadooforums sent you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back