97 GTI shuts off sometimes?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

TysonTrost

Last fall my Ski stripped the threads off my pto shaft looking further into the skis condition the jet pump lost its cone and seized up, tore the motor down and the pistons were chipped and the rings were for better or worse gone. TLDR jetpumps got new bearings and a wear ring, new pto shaft, and a WSM top end rebuild kit. put her all back together on the lift and couldn't get her started, let her sit over winter, came back to try and get her started and with two sprays of starter fluid she started first try.... (spent days trouble shooting last fall). Got it in the water and slowly got it warmed up fluctuating the throttle at low rpm after about 5min I pushed the throttle in slowly and at not even 1/4 it died. took the key off put it back on double beep starts right back up and idles. checked the plugs, they were wet soaking wet all over, lots of white smoke out the back too (gas is premixed and injection is on). putting it back on the lift I noticed the oil light flashing. next day filled the oil to the top and checked the gas for water, gas was good. took her out warmed her up and like nothing had happened she came up to plane and responded to throttle. shut it down and felt like a idiot, went back out went for a few laps around the cove. at about 3/4 throttle I noticed it started to breakup I blamed it on carb settings and mixture. last lap I noticed the ski starting to break up at less and less throttle response gradually till it eventually just shut off at about half throttle. key off key on beep beep started up and it was back to old behavior idles but wont take any throttle. idle back check the plugs nice golden brown. compression cold and hot 130 but that's on a old crappy gauge... Carb was rebuilt last spring. fuel filter at the front isn't blocked. Brand New Battery. Extra info my 717 is a single carb.

I'm at a loss any help would be greatly appreciated, I bought a new rectifier just because and plan on cleaning all the grounds I can find (one by starter and on the stator housing) I don't Live by the lake so the more things I can try at once the better.
Thank You!

Back