No power after turn

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

ZoSoAir

2001 GTX RFI

Took it out today. After riding around for about an hour we decided to head back to the dock. I dropped my daughter off then went out a ways on my own to do a little more aggressive riding. I did a couple of turns mid throttle, noting wild. Out of the last turn the ski bogged. Full throttle only got me up to 4K RPM and no thrust. I barely made it back to the dock where it stalled and wouldn’t restart.

Got it on the trailer by waking it along the shore. Once on the trailer I tried to start it again and it fired right up. Full RPM range, like nothing happened! WTF happened? Lol

Just one idea of probably many possibilities but I read somewhere with. The RFI’s that it’s battery volts falls below a certain level the engine will only go up to a certain Rpm and then if if it falls below I think it’s 7 volts it won’t even run. Maybe check the volts on the battery while at idle

Just one idea of probably many possibilities but I read somewhere with. The RFI’s that it’s battery volts falls below a certain level the engine will only go up to a certain Rpm and then if if it falls below I think it’s 7 volts it won’t even run. Maybe check the volts on the battery while at idle
I put my meter on the battery. Just over 12 volts.

I thought I had a similar issue with my 99 GSX RFI, I was told anything above 12 at rest was ok, 13.5 with it Idling and 14 volts at 4500 rpm. It was just an idea, not sure if it’s your problem or not but the RFI’s need a good battery. I thought maybe it wasn’t charging

This still has me stumped. If anyone has any suggestions please post them here. I will be checking compression this week once I get the tool.

Thanks

Back