1996 gsx trouble shooting

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Chunkd

Was out yesterday and everything was running great, hitting full rpm 6900 @ wot cruising on the lake then I let off to talk to the wife and notice that the idle dropped off to 950 rpm instead of where it should be 1400-1500 rpm... I had to keep giving throttle so I wouldn't stall out. When I went to drive off back to the dock I noticed that water wasn't flowing through the tell tale hole like it usually does it was now spurting instead of flowing, also the max rpm I could hit was only 5800 rpm... seems like I went into limp mode.

Got back to the dock inspected intake grate etc. all clear, now out of water my idle dropped from 3000rpm to half and is now at 1400 ish...

I noticed my fuel selector was in the off position so I bypassed this by plumbing from the Res to fuel filter directly just to see if the selector was the issue... still the same low rpm out of water.

Before I get to deep into this I would like to get others to chime in what might be the issue.

Thanks!

Back