Is X4 sponsons an upgrade for non X4 hull?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffspx

Have a 94 spi, considering changing out sponsons just to make turns a little more predictable and spin out less, but not ready to spend $250 on a set of new worx sponsons.
So as the title states, are x4 sponsons any different from the non x4 comparative hulls?
Thanks for the advice.

Make your own out of 1/4" aluminum, same worx profile, and shape the block behind it so the sponsons are parrallel with each other, that tilts them in at the top & out at the bottom. Hooks well for corners and for directional stability (going straight). Don't mount them too low, not too deep in water or your ski will change direction so quick you'll go over the bars, you can guess how I know. Not rocketscience for sure.

Thank you for the reply. I never thought of making my own. Thats a pretty good idea. I started googling sponsons people made, and i saw a few things that raises more questions.
I see all the aftermarkets came with backing plates for the inside. How necessary are these? Id hate to cut the foam out, I'm a wuss when it comes to modding stuff that cant be put back to stock.
I also saw people reinforcing the inside with fiberglass. Is this necessary as well?

And finally, would an intake grate have any effect on turns? I know theyre usually to help stay hooked up, but I've read they also help a bit with turns.
Thank you again.

Well, if you want to go legit and have all the right pieces and hardware and not have to run around and source stuff.......I reproduced tracker style sponsons. I have sold probably over 30 pairs of these with zero complaints or issues. And they're still $125 shipped. Oh, and they're 100% brand new.

All the pics are in the following link.

Brand new X4 sponsons for sale

Well, if you want to go legit and have all the right pieces and hardware and not have to run around and source stuff.......I reproduced tracker style sponsons. I have sold probably over 30 pairs of these with zero complaints or issues. And they're still $125 shipped. Oh, and they're 100% brand new.

THIS! I have a pair of his and I love it.

Interested in a set. Pm sent.

Yeah sponsons are the answer and there is no better deal out there then RacerXXX's for sure.

Finally got to the run the ski yesterday with the new sponsons. Incredible the difference. I feel like im gonna break the handlebars off the ski hanging on thru the turns.
Thank you very much racerxxx!

LOL, yeah they make a huge difference in the handling. Glad you like them. Thanks again for the order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back