97-04 XP/XPL brand new sponsons

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

racerxxx

I'm making another set of aftermarket sponsons, these are for the 97-04 XP/XPL Hyperbolic hulls. These are adjustable and are also tapered to fit the hull. I made a few sets for [MENTION=80378]Jasonv[/MENTION] and he has had them tested. They bolt on with 3 screws, the original ones had 4 mounting points. The front hole is filled with an additional screw. The will come complete with all new hardware. I haven't mounted them to a hull but Jason has and he'll chime in on how they mounted up. Just remember as with all sponsons you need to put a little silicone rtv in the holes so they screws seal the water from getting in. I should have a few sets ready for shipment next week if anyone is interested. These are a little more involved than the X4 sponsons I make so for that these will be $165 shipped to your door in the lower 48. I will ship anywhere but buyers will have to pay actual shipping. If you guys have ANY questions just ask. Brand new Worx sponsons will run you about $330 get these at a fraction of the price

If anyone is interested here's the X4 Sponsons

On to the pics!!!!!!!!

39.jpg

40.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

45.jpg

46.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow great work! Sponsons for these are hard to find so hopefully word gets out about these. Price is super reasonable too.

They look cool, but what do they do and how to install?

Do they run faster, jump higher?

They make the ski handle precisely. No more "slide" in turns but you can turn on a dime and pull as many G's as you can hang on for. They will make the ski run faster in choppy water because they help keep the hull flat.

To install you would have to remove the waterbox, battery, etc. so you can gain access to the fasteners from the inside. There will be holes in the foam already where the holes are in the hull.

my XP can already make my lose my lunch if I push it hard enough, but very cool!

I'm saving for a speed boat at the moment though :(

So since the XPL sponsons fit on a 96-97 GSX, then I would think these would also fit on them. Cool. (but I just replaced mine with XPL sonsons) :(

You still making these sir? Just picked up an 02 and these were on Braley's list of things I should get for it.

You still making these sir? Just picked up an 02 and these were on Braley's list of things I should get for it.

Yes sir. If you're interested, shoot me a PM and I can get you my details. I'm heading out of town this weekend but should be able to ship this week if you're hot to trot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back