Seadoo replacement grips

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

wfo speedracer

So I was looking for a stockish looking replacement for the Seadoo grips that was economical, I buy and sell skis so price matters , original grip sets are still out there but they range from $25 -35 a set..

I saw these on Temu and I ordered them , I also ordered black Aluminum end caps and a big bottle of super glue, the grips are a tad long but they will force on to the bars and become the correct length.

You do have to remove the plastic retainers inside of the handlebars , I screwed the scew and washer in part way , clamped a set of vise grips behind the washer and hammered the inserts out, easy peasy.

You do have to cut the ends out of the grips which I did with an Exacto knife, , I found it easier to push the grips on and then cut the end out using the inside of the handlebar as a guide , add some super glue and install the grips, add the end caps and you are done.

I ordered six sets , the end caps and the glue for around $40.00.

I included the link to everything I used below.

Dieser Artikel wurde abgekündigt - Temu Germany

Vg Sports 1 Paar Lenker endkappen Aluminiumlegierung - Temu Germany

Dieser Artikel wurde abgekündigt - Temu Germany

Attachments

• image000000 - 2024-04-14T082012.696.jpg
    image000000 - 2024-04-14T082012.696.jpg
    350.4 KB · Views: 7
  • image000000 - 2024-04-14T082005.660.jpg
    image000000 - 2024-04-14T082005.660.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I restore Seadoo jet skis as well and I buy the OEM type replacements. I find they are so much nicer than lesser models and little to no work to install. If I can slip them right on for $35 I'm good. LOL

I am doing six skis right now, let me add that up for you $35 x 6 =$210.00 for grips . no thanks and eventually there will be no more OEM grips for those at any price.

So from your post I can only assume you are using OEM footwell pads on all your builds, OEM seat covers as well . surely you must be since your skis are all Seadoo , one thing you are right about to each their own . 100% OEM is not going to make a ski worth $1000 in my market that I can assure you..

i have gone all out on ski builds before then watched the customer ride it right up on the rocks during the test ride, no thanks, I am gonna pass..
I realluy forgot how this place was, there is a reason I don't post here that often, thanks for reminding me what it was.

I'm sorry your offended. I'm just giving a bit of a different perspective and what I do. I just think you are nickel and dime-ing yourself with extra work for small potatoes. I'd be happy to share some ideas that will help you. Good Luck!! 6 skis should gross way over $18k.

What extra work is that. yes I know you can change out stock grips in under a minute , so an extra 5 minutes per ski tops .
On a complete sale build that's almost zero and I would rather put my extra $30.00 per ski in the tank.

The bottom line is if you want a new ski ,then by all means go buy one , I sell clean used skis here, they have new ones at the dealership.

Yes I would say your perspective is way different than mine on building skis , I always thought making money was the object when flipping skis , I do everything in house here , that means paint-gelcoat , upholstery , mechanical and trailer repair , 16 K , that totally depends on which skis we are talking about doesn't it , 6 four strokes more like 24K, 6 1996-2000 models more like 12k.

Obviously they changed the grips in 99 so obviously this is geared for 98 and older models but yes on 99 and up models you may have a point , on 92-98 models , not so much. , either way 6 98 or older skis won't bring 16k here.

Yea it's not so much about the money and I don't consider myself flipping skis. I restore them. I like resurrecting the old stuff. People I sell to become family. It's just enjoyable for me. I have to get everything damn near perfect. :) Good Luck !!

When I finish a 3 seat DI the price is $4500 and I can get more I just like the keep prices reasonable. I've found that selling skis to people than can afford them is much easier that selling to people that can't. Better clientele that appreciates quality and professionalism. I feel sorry for people that try to save money and spend $3k on a ski only to find out it needs an engine. They work hard for that money. Sad that they get taken advantage of. I help people buy skis other people are selling. I'm meeting a lot of great people and having a ball. :D Good Luck !!

Last edited:
So from your post I can only assume you are using OEM footwell pads on all your builds, OEM seat covers as well . surely you must be since your skis are all Seadoo , one thing you are right about to each their own . 100% OEM is not going to make a ski worth $1000 in my market that I can assure you..

i have gone all out on ski builds before then watched the customer ride it right up on the rocks during the test ride, no thanks, I am gonna pass..
I realluy forgot how this place was, there is a reason I don't post here that often, thanks for reminding me what it was.
See ya

Back