Brand new X4 sponsons for sale

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

racerxxx

Alright guys, just in time for spring! These are modeled after the Tracker Sponsons from back in the day supplied to me by [MENTION=51350]Jetskigoodies[/MENTION]. These are non adjustable, Worx sell adjustable ones for $280. I have 9 full sets and am willing to have more made. These will be complete (2 sponsons, 2 spacers, and 2 clamp plates for the inside) made from marine grade plastic with all new stainless steel hardware ready to go. They have an inner full length one piece backer for maximum clamp force also with large stainless fender washers for inside and out with a nyloc stainless nut to avoid a possible rip out. You will need to trim the foam inside the hull. But a knife should be able to do that no problem. All you should need to do is cut at the bottom of the U where the current nuts and washers reside. I'm waiting on the hardware to arrive and the shipping boxes before I can officially ship these out. Now to the big question, "How much?", these will be $125 SHIPPED in the lower 48. I will however ship them anywhere but shipping will be charged accordingly. Sorry for the bad pics, I'll try and grab some better ones tomorrow and more when I get the hardware. I'm hoping to be able to ship at the end of the week, but I wanted to get these out there.

333.jpg

334.jpg

Outer spacer is angle cut, the inner is just like that one but not angle cut.

335.jpg

336.jpg

337.jpg

338.jpg

339.jpg

340.jpg

Here is what they will look like on a hull. These were on a 97 spx that we sold last year. They are now on a forum members ski. I can not recall who has them now.

107.jpg

The ones we sent to Dan were nos

They are rare and sell for $180-$200 used.

Agreed. This is a great deal on an awesome product. It's great to see a quality aftermarket part like this coming around again. I can tell the material used is dead on. That's a nice detail with those rounded edges also.

I had this brand on my 95XP for 10 years and always loved them. Then I swapped them to my 96XP when I sold that 95. Thanks again for making these available. Xforward!

This needs to be in the 2 stroke pwc section. There is not that much activity/views in this section. I know technically it should be here but The views here are limited unless someone is looking for these. If it is known they are available more people will want them.

How do these compare with worx? Any advantage to these over the other brands?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worx are just the original Odyssey that came out in late 94/early 95. Worx did not change anything that I can see but the name. Whenever they come across ebay now the prices are ridiculous.

I don't know if one is better then the other necessarily they both seem to do their job. Some versions of the Works come with more holes drilled to give adjustment options. I found the Trackers to always be in the sweet spot but I see no reason why you could not poke more holes and play around with the placement if you wanted to.

Honestly the difference between aftermarket sponsons is not that big compared to aftermarket sponson vs. stock or no sponson. Some people like to spin circles for fun. They like the fact that they don't quite know when it's gonna break loose. This is great for open water family fun but not for quick, predictable turns. I realized how badly I needed sponsons when I was able to tear up tight rivers at high speed dodging stumps and snags without worrying about an unexpected swerve or spin.

Thanks Matt for the history, love it! I could have made these adjustable, but the price would climb. I was trying to also replicate "vintage" parts that were know to work and make them affordable to the masses. This material is easy to drill if someone wanted to to experiment.

I think we need to make an exception and slide this thread over to the 2 stroke section. I think there will be a lot of interest. I missed this thread being in this section.
Can't wait to get my set!

96 XP800!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

I had to take the foam out from the first hole to the last. That's the easy part through, I would suggest longer bolts coming into the hull I used 1/4" 1 1/2" ss hex with nyloc nuts and a large fender washer. I also put them on by myself.

Great, I ordered 2-1/2" cause I didn't want it to be a pain in the azz. The Trackers came with 2-1/4" but they were phillips head, I got sexy Button head allen screws. But you have to remember, my inner plates are eating up a 1/2" of the length. All the hardware is 304 stainless. Also 1-1/4" diameter stainless fender washers for inside and out and nylock washers

412.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Those will be perfect. If fastenall was opened I would have gotten something similar but they were closed once I realized that the hardware was short

If I have extra I'll let you know. I ordered 100 nuts, 100 Screws and 250 fender washers. LOL I love ordering in bulk.

Just an update with the hardware. I originally ordered socket head buttons but the head diameter was too small and I didn't want a rip out or anything like that so I went back to Phillips head screws that have a much larger head diameter. These take a #3 Phillips head screw driver. I also use fender washers on both the inside and outside of the mounting. All the hardware is bagged and numbered with the quantity and then finally taped to a piece of cardboard so it doesn't get thrown out.

575.jpg

576.jpg

577.jpg

578.jpg

These look 100% like the originals. If my NOS OXT sponsons don't tickle my fancy I will definitely pick up a set of these!!!!

Tracker all the way.
-Scott

I have original tracker sponsons they work great. I think I have the ones you were talking about on the first page jsg

Can't wait to get these installed(even though I heard its a PITA) lol. Don't let these pass by, I don't think you will find a set of brand new sponsons for this price again.

96 XP800!

Thanks Adam. Looks great, you need to lower that ski on the trailer. Or is that to keep it at working height?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

It's the junk trailer that the xp came on. I've got a nice shorlandr in the shed that I'm going to put it on this summer.
55.jpg

All done! These are nice, thanks for getting these made Dan.

96 XP800!

Back