Runners for this season - JETTRIM!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

falklandsx

Premium Member
Premium Member
With all of the project skis I have, and the weather in AZ on the verge of getting too hot to work in the garage, I've been buckling down on getting a couple of good runners ready for the season. This year it's a 96 GTI and a 97 SPX. I bought the 96 a couple of years ago as a non-runner. I went through the checklist on the GTI - fuel/oil system rebuild, plugs, pump inspection, etc. Struck out with the carbs. After a standard rebuild, still wouldn't run correctly. Replaced the N/S, still had a runaway problem. Wrote the carbs off, and stole a set from my 95 HX. Rebuilt and retained the HX jetting. BINGO - runs like a champ! First run out, blew the wear ring out on the way back to the ramp. New wear ring is installed - waiting for a thrust bearing/washer and she'll be back on the water.

Talked with Kelly at Jettrim - and asked her to do something cool without being too specific. Here's what she came up with:

Before:
244.jpg

After:
245.jpg

The front section is not affixed to the hull yet, and the main seat is loosely tacked, but I have to say, Kelly and team do amazing work! Highly recommended... spend the extra cash, and you wont be disappointed.

Next up for this old girl: decal strip, compounding, and some custom graphics. My wife will be riding the GTI this season, so she'll be picking the graphics.

The X4 has been slightly disappointing thus far. Turd-polish is the best way to describe it. The motor looked really nice, carb's were crusty but running, and the hull is super-clean. Treated her to a set of new carbs (first for me) - [MENTION=17278]SabrToothSqrl[/MENTION] recommended OSD parts, went for it and couldn't be happier with the results. Rebuilt the raves (internal plastic valve had disintegrated... not sure how that happened) and new OEM trim housing/motor. It looks like someone pulled the motor, did a poopy job painting it silver, and didn't bother aligning it during installation. The RV cover and valve were shot, so I pulled parts from another motor I had around, and I think I have a good ski for the season. waiting for a few parts, but should be good to go soon.

A few photos:

old carbs
171.jpg

New carbs
172.jpg

crappy oil
246.jpg

stripped down
247.jpg

Rv cover
248.jpg

The ski
249.jpg

More to come, but getting close. BTW - Jettrim will do hump seat conversions. Wife and I are going to Havasu next month, and the SPX will be getting a new hump seat and jettrim seat cover. Next winter, both skis will be tore down and rebuilt from the ground up.

Just wanted to share my projects... these things get really frustrating at times, but it's nice to see things come together.

:cheers:

Can you post a link for the carbs? What color turf are you going to install on the spx?

Edit: found the carbs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking black and yellow diamond cut on the turf, not 100 percent sure yet though. Thoughts? The seat cover is going to be similar to the gti.

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back