Internal Fuel Strainer | Get the right one.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

BTR

2005 RXT 4-TEC 215 HP.

If you want to replace the internal fuel strainer, make sure you have the correct replacement part (see the pictures below). There are strainers on the market that are sold as being replacements for the OEM internal strainer (which doesn't have a part number because Sea-Doo doesn't acknowledge it's existence), but they don't fit. They look like they'll fit, but they won't.

Notice that the space to the left of the circular portion is wider than the corresponding space on the right.
Sea-Doo - Fuel Filter 5.jpg

This is the OEM strainer. It's fits perfectly.
Sea-Doo - Fuel Filter 6.jpg

This is an aftermarket strainer. It doesn't fit. Notice the gap to the left of the strainer.
Sea-Doo - Fuel Filter 7.jpg

The OEM strainer has its wider portion of fabric on the left side of the circular grommet. However, the aftermarket strainer has its wider portion of fabric on the right side of the grommet. These two parts look almost identical. However, the aftermarket strainer will not fit properly.
Sea-Doo - Fuel Filter 8.jpg

Reference:
1. HighFlowFuel.com - Quantum HFP-S34 (includes both the internal and external strainers)
2. RockAuto.com - Airtex FS220 (internal strainer)

UPDATE TO ORIGINAL POST!

2005 RXT 4-TEC 215 HP.

DO NOT order the Quantum HFP-S34 kit (includes both the internal and external strainers) from HighFlowFuel.com. As of this writing, they have sent me 5 internal strainers. So far, none of them fit! The image of the internal strainer on their website IS NOT CORRECT. The image shows an internal strainer that WILL FIT. However, what they send you is a different strainer THAT DOESN'T FIT.

As long as the bottom of the thing sits flat against the metal, it really shouldn't matter if it's a little too narrow.

The bottom of the internal strainer from HighFlowFuel.com does not sit flat against the metal. That's part of the problem, i.e., why the strainer isn't the correct fit.

SECOND UPDATE TO ORIGINAL POST!

2005 RXT 4-TEC 215 HP.

I just received the Airtex FS220 fuel strainer from RockAuto.com. It is a PERFECT FIT for the internal fuel strainer.

I have rebuilt my fuel pump without removing the the bottom plate. Getting the old internal filter out was a bear because it was seated so tightly in the base. I assume I need to go ahead and remove the base and seat the new filter, or find out if it even fits properly. It appears to be the only way to confirm. What is the function of the two washers (rubber, metal) inside the intake of the base? Is this for backflow prevention? It seems like they would restrict flow from either direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back