Installed New Stereo on 09 Challenger 180

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jresendi14

Kenwood HD radio...would have went with Alpine but i couldn't find one with the HD radio built in for a good enough price. Alpine was to basic on their decks and plus i have never been a fan of their head units.

Alpine 6.5 SPS M600 in the bow. Had to cut holes in my baby. By the way these do not fit in the stock holes in the rear as the holes are cut too large and and they would not seal properly. Had to order the 7in for the rear and I'm glad I did.

Alpine 7 SPR M700 in the rear... these barley fit but sound incredible. A little custom cutting with the dremel to enlarge the holes. I used a tungsten carbide tip for the dremel that worked amazing. It said it could be used on fiberglass. You need to have the template from the speaker flush with the bottom of the hole and trace out what you need to cut off. It is IMPORTANT and NECESSARY that you enlarge the top half of the hole as it is molded and the speaker will not fit. The Dremel and that tip is the only option to enlarge the hole as it is a very small piece that is being cut away. Any other tool will cut too much and then you will have problems since the hole is molded. The bass is amazing for these speakers. Sounds like you have a small sub with just the deck power. They sound twice as good as the 6.5 and those sounded 10 times better than the factory Jensen. I highly recommend these speaker if your up for. It wouldnt be a bad idea to have a shop vac going suck up the dust the dremel is making.

Now just waiting on the alpine sub and amp. Cant wait to get this thing out on the water next week.101_0620.jpg101_0619.JPG101_0625.jpg101_0624.jpg101_0621.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes they are water proof or should I say marine rated. I had to put 2 extra screws at the top and bottom of the bow speakers so they would seal correctly.

1st bit is what I used to cut the holes in the bow out with. You will probably need 2 of these as the fiberglass and the high speed of the dremel burns it up. I used only one bit but had to stop and let it cool down.(barely made it) I recommend 2.

2nd bit is what i used to enlarge the rear holes. It works great as it is made out of tungsten carbine.101_0628.jpg101_0627.jpg

Wanted to see how you were liking the speakers a year later. Do you think you could have fit 7.7" up front? Also why did you put them on the front and not in the pass through where you walk to get to the bow? Thanks Looks awesome. You are the first person I have seen replace the stock speakers with 7" ones. I am going to try that as well.

I love the 7" speakers...they were a great investment. The 6" speakers up front were the max size without them being partly covered up by the center cushion. I would have liked to have put them in the walk through but I could not find a route for the wiring on the drivers side. I still would like to add another set of the 7" in the walk through but need more time to look or cut some holes which i don't like to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back