Improving relations Jetskis and Fishermen Help me bridge the gap

Psycho Sailor

Water Crafts
Sea-Doo gti 130
I hope there is some wealth of experience in freshwater fishing from skis like the Seadoos. I’m setting up for casting and live bait fishing.

1st I need to set up a trolling motor to creep around structures that hold bass and crappie. I am leaning toward a Minn Kota 40-45lb thrust off the stern of my new 2 me 2013 gti. I would like to know how those that installed second batteries secured them and the size battery that could be recommended for 2-3hrs of fishing (not wide open running). I am very hesitant to start sinking screw holes in my hull w/out some advice.

I wonder if it is foolhardy to put the battery unanchored in the basket (that will provide the transom for the trolling motor) that I WILL secure to the aft step. No elaborate wiring and mounting issues but what is the risk in such a scheme?

Your ideas for bumpers will help as well. I need to lay up to bride supports and other structures.

Maybe fishing from a Seadoo will engender some goodwill between us and the local bass fishermen. I’ve been among them and know their biases well. I think they will want to be like Mike when they see my catches.

Attachments

Psycho Sailor

Water Crafts
Sea-Doo gti 130
I hope there is some wealth of experience in freshwater fishing from skis like the Seadoos. I’m setting up for casting and live bait fishing.

1st I need to set up a trolling motor to creep around structures that hold bass and crappie. I am leaning toward a Minn Kota 40-45lb thrust off the stern of my new 2 me 2013 gti. I would like to know how those that installed second batteries secured them and the size battery that could be recommended for 2-3hrs of fishing (not wide open running). I am very hesitant to start sinking screw holes in my hull w/out some advice.

I wonder if it is foolhardy to put the battery unanchored in the basket (that will provide the transom for the trolling motor) that I WILL secure to the aft step. No elaborate wiring and mounting issues but what is the risk in such a scheme?

Your ideas for bumpers will help as well. I need to lay up to bride supports and other structures.

Maybe fishing from a Seadoo will engender some goodwill between us and the local bass fishermen. I’ve been among them and know their biases well. I think they will want to be like Mike when they see my catches.
Follow on:
In the absence of experienced guidance from this forum about installing second battery (where and how) I made the “plunge” without guidance.

Maybe u will all gain from my mistakes, as they are sure to follow. I ordered the Lithium Iron Phosphate because it only weighs 4.3lbs and is 7X4X5”. Hope it allows 2-3 hrs fishing time with a Minn Kota Endura C 45lb thrust.

I will share details as I mount a cage for ice chest or bait well and battery.

This is a great resource for PWCs. Of course one must find issues of common interest.

Psycho Sailor

Water Crafts
Sea-Doo gti 130
I couldn’t wait to get all my ducks in a row. Had to see what it felt like fishing aboard my new girl. I purchased an Enduro C2 45lb thrust trolling motor. It was just adequate in the stiff current below the dam in Chattanooga.

I also bought a Mighty Max Lithium Iron (LiFePO4) 35Ah battery. It was very lightweight and compact as advertised and so far less than adequate (only about 1hr – less than promised) – I have yet to full cycle 24hr charge X2 as instructed.

Fishing was easy from the Seadoo. Caught 4 Small Mouth and a lg blue cat in about 2hrs fishing.
Tossing my 8’ cast net was a real chore (6footer would be much easier). More on my cage/mount for the battery and trolling motor after final tweaking. I remain hopeful.

Psycho Sailor

Water Crafts
Sea-Doo gti 130
Oh, gave my leftover shad to some fishermen on a pontoon boat. Turned a frown in smiles (small white lies about my fishing success).

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:14)

Adsense

Usergroup

Administrator Moderator Premium Member